• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a tiny little cd of his called "rules of reduction" for $9 yesterday, but left it in the rack for a legal copy of Bad Timing, i figured Bad Timing in the hand was worth more than mystery-music-i-don't-even-know-i-could-get-to-play in the rack.

it's not like i'll never see another copy in my life and regret it forever, all for an album actually called "bad timing", no less.

Eureka's freaks me out even more, and the frog and teddy bear from "Halfway to a Threeway" freaks me out even more than that.

The poster inside the insignificance LP is the best. some fat bald man holding his boner that has a cloth with a smile face drawn in it with a string tied to the his weener and birds flying around attatched to the other ends of the strings. In the same cartoon style as the rest of the pics.

yeah, I just bought Halfway to a Threeway and love it. It's so amazing. His artwork throws me off though, always feel like I'm being judged by the clerk when I put an album on the counter that shows a jolly asian man doing something that looks like getting oral pleasures from a bunny...

The poster inside the insignificance LP is the best. some fat bald man holding his boner that has a cloth with a smile face drawn in it with a string tied to the his weener and birds flying around attatched to the other ends of the strings. In the same cartoon style as the rest of the pics.

here is a shitty pic of it I took with my camera phone.

poster-1.jpg

here is a shitty pic of it I took with my camera phone.

Really not a poster to put on the wall.

Right. I totally agree with you there. I often wonder if the drone would have been present if there was no O'Rourke on AGIB.

Somehow, I doubt it. Makes me wonder if Wilco even made the drone at all, of if it's an O'Rourke creation only? He seems perfectly capable of making it himself, anyway.

Somehow, I doubt it. Makes me wonder if Wilco even made the drone at all, of if it's an O'Rourke creation only? He seems perfectly capable of making it himself, anyway.

according to the song credits they all had a hand in it

11. Less than you think 15:06

Jeff Tweedy Vocals, 6 String Acoustic Bass, Loops, Filters & Synths

John Stirratt Acoustic Guitar, Loops, Filters & Synths

Glenn Kotche Drums, Hammer Dulcimer, Loops, Filters & Synths

Leroy Bach Acoustic Guitar, Loops, Filters & Synths

Mikael Jorgensen Serge Modular Synthesizer

Jim O'Rourke Loops, Filters & Synths

at least that's what I'm taking the whole "Loops, Filters & Synths" thing to mean.

i found a tiny little cd of his called "rules of reduction" for $9 yesterday, but left it in the rack for a legal copy of Bad Timing, i figured Bad Timing in the hand was worth more than mystery-music-i-don't-even-know-i-could-get-to-play in the rack.

it's not like i'll never see another copy in my life and regret it forever, all for an album actually called "bad timing", no less.

You can pick up Bad Timing just about anywhere. Rules for Reduction though is old O'Rourke and came out in 1993. I have no idea what's on it myself, but I bet it's something incredibly "whoa."