suggestion: see pan's labyrinth

Seconded. A beautiful movie,

Sad, too. A statement of how fragile and how enduring innocence can be.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/picturehouse...iler_large.html

yeah - i want to see it in the theater, but it looks like i'd have to do it after work some night. i work across the street from cleveland's main art-house theater (or what used to be, although now it's iffy) and the idea of going home and driving back to catch it means i'll likely miss it.

i've watched it three times now and it keeps getting better.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to seeing this. Couldn't recommend it more. Stellar film. Really reminded me of the Diary of Anne Frank and/or In the Aeroplane Over the Sea for some reason. Hopefully I will find the time and money to go see it again.

Finally got around to seeing this. Couldn't recommend it more. Stellar film. Really reminded me of the Diary of Anne Frank and/or In the Aeroplane Over the Sea for some reason. Hopefully I will find the time and money to go see it again.

Based on that comparsion, I guess I really need to see this. I've actually had my eye on it for awhile, I don't think it's playing anywhere in the Wheeling area but it might be worth the roadtrip.

--Mike

I totally missed this thread 'til right now, but Pan's is one of the best movies I've seen in recent years. Stunningly imagined, and I was reminded as I watched it of a reviewer who wrote that he was pleased it had the "guts to be a tragedy." That about hits the nail on the head.

P.S., Mike Mignola should be made a fucking saint.