Autumn Defense

I know the new autumn defense album came out today although its rather early I didn't know if anyone had listened to it yet, I would have but I am broke. I was wondering if it is reminiscent of Cirles? which I thought was quite amazing

Thanks

I downloaded at the tail end of last week and was mightily impressed with it. Certainly their strongest album to date. The songs that Pat sings on are better than Johns though imo. I think Nels guests on one track too.

Certainly their strongest album to date.

Is this the consensus? If so, maybe I'll check it out. I wasn't impressed with the previous albums and had been planning to sit this one out.

Is this the consensus? If so, maybe I'll check it out. I wasn't impressed with the previous albums and had been planning to sit this one out.

I really liked the first one but the second one was too "light" rock for me (read as pussy rock).

The Autumn Defense makes Lawrence Welk look hard core.

Can someone please type out the THANK YOU list on the inside of the cover and can someone tell me where I can find this album to download (legally) on the net? Thanks!

P.S. Hi! I'm new here!

itunes.

I just went on there and it doesn't have the new self titled album. It has green hour, b&b, and circles, but no new thing. I'm trying to get the new one as well as find the "Thank you" section of the album. Help a brotha out!

yeah I expect it to be good, I really like this band a lot and I think their live shows are pretty awesome when I went to see them in Louisville Jim James, Two Tone Tommy and Patrick were all there from my morning jacket which was cool. It was cool getting to talk to all them and they recommended some byrds albums I should go get which I have and enjoy very much. The first time I heard there music was at an in store having not heard the album I think that seeing them live helped me to connect with their music and I can honestly say circles is probably one of the albums I listen to the most out of any album on my itunes, I have really high hopes for this album and was pissed when it didn't come out last september

yeah I expect it to be good, I really like this band a lot and I think their live shows are pretty awesome when I went to see them in Louisville Jim James, Two Tone Tommy and Patrick were all there from my morning jacket which was cool. It was cool getting to talk to all them and they recommended some byrds albums I should go get which I have and enjoy very much. The first time I heard there music was at an in store having not heard the album I think that seeing them live helped me to connect with their music and I can honestly say circles is probably one of the albums I listen to the most out of any album on my itunes, I have really high hopes for this album and was pissed when it didn't come out last september

longest sentence ever.

if you have the time to edit it I'll make the necessary corrections

Lol.

I agree about Circles. It is such a feel good album. I'm grateful that I don't need to be impressed with musical complexity all the time. "Pussy rock" is wonderful sometime....especially when it's well written.

I also frequently listen to Circles and look forward to my signed copy of the new record. I will go see them at Mercury Lounge in NYC (3/19). Hope to see some of you there.

Does this mean you won't be attending the Madison show? :brow

Does this mean you won't be attending the Madison show? :brow

I was thinking about the Milwaukee show Feb 28, but it probably won't happen. But that's mostly due to my graduate thesis, which is systematically sucking the life out of me.

"Pussy rock" is wonderful sometime....especially when it's well written.

Not knocking pussy rock...there is a time and a place for that kind of nonsense. I mean, John Mayer is pussy rock to me. The AD are far more pussy than him and that takes some work. It's just too pleasant for me. It's far to sentimental/gooshy feeling and comes off sounding forced and trendy. I need my scarf and sweater kinda feeling. You picking up what I'm putting down?