Autumn Defense

I swear some of the vocals on this album sound like Bruce Johnston's songs/vocals on Sunflower.

i can't picture either one going:

"doot doodoodoo dear dear dear deidre"

but i just saw the art (maybe album cover, i don't know) on myspace that has john with full beard and i may can see it now.

http://myspace.com/theautumndefense

i can't picture either one going:

"doot doodoodoo dear dear dear deidre"

but i just saw the art (maybe album cover, i don't know) on myspace that has john with full beard and i may can see it now.

http://myspace.com/theautumndefense

album cover here

at least that's the last i heard. i haven't received mine yet, and i preordered a while back.

my parents love this album.

It hasn't grabbed me yet. I love the first track, last track, and a few in between. But I still think their albums are gradually getting worse. That first one had some incredibly bright pop songs (Long Forgotten Love, Full 5 Paces) that are better than anything off the new one or Circles hands down.

I love their new album. The new songs are fantastic. This album is a huge step ahead of Cirlces (which was a damn fine album). I hope the next album is just as big of a step for them. Great job, boys.

John and Pat both sound great on the album. I heard these tracks debuted live when AD was touring last year. I prefer the live arrangements on most of the tracks, but they were able to capture the essence of the songs really well on this album.

It's going to be nice to see them in Chicago this March. I've never been disappointed by an Autumn Defense show.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm resurrecting this thread. This is the decription of the show this weekend in San Francisco, from the flavorpill e-mail:

The Autumn Defense is a collaboration between John Stirratt, bassist for Wilco and Uncle Tupelo, and multi-instrumentalist and producer Pat Sansone. As filmed in I Am Trying to Break Your Heart (2002), Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy can simultaneously craft brilliant tunes and be a pugnacious control freak in the studio; Stirratt has remained in Wilco since their inception because he does not threaten Tweedy's artistic control. The Autumn Defense is Stirratt's creative outlet
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm resurrecting this thread. This is the decription of the show this weekend in San Francisco, from the flavorpill e-mail:

The Autumn Defense is a collaboration between John Stirratt, bassist for Wilco and Uncle Tupelo, and multi-instrumentalist and producer Pat Sansone. As filmed in I Am Trying to Break Your Heart (2002), Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy can simultaneously craft brilliant tunes and be a pugnacious control freak in the studio; Stirratt has remained in Wilco since their inception because he does not threaten Tweedy's artistic control. The Autumn Defense is Stirratt's creative outlet