The classic Bob Dylan rockumentary, Don't Look Back, will be reissued on DVD with a bunch of extras in the 65 Tour Deluxe Edition.

D.A. Pennebaker (Monterey Pop, Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars) directed the original film, which followed Dylan on a 1965 British tour, and it was critically acclaimed for its inside look at the young singer/songwriter when it hit theatres in 1967. The new version has been digitally transferred from the original film, which also features Joan Baez, The Animals' Alan Price, Marianne Faithfull, Donovan and Dylan's manager, Alan Grossman. Pennebaker and Dylan tour manager Bob Neuwirth provide audio commentary.

The two-DVD package also includes Bob Dylan 65 Revisited, an hour-long film featuring previously unseen archival material, with commentary from Pennebaker and Neuwirth. The original 168-page 1968 companion book to the film, the theatrical trailer, a Pennebaker filmography, a Dylan discography, and cast and crew member biographies are also included along with collectible packaging.

A "Subterranean Homesick Blues" flip book, which provides a frame-by-frame look at what many people consider to be the first music video, is included along with an alternate version of the song's infamous cue-card sequence.

Docurama will release both the deluxe two-DVD set and the single-disc remastered version of the film on Feb. 27.

I remember when this movie originally came out (I was a teen) and I didn't catch it. It was an art house type of thing you know. Then it went out of cirrculation for maybe a decade. I finally saw the re-release in the 70s at the theater. It was a real thrill to get a betamax copy of the movie.

LouieB

You guys are ooooooold.
Uh yea..no shit....been alive longer than Bobby D has been recording....

Let's face it, if you remember the Mamas and the Papas being on the charts, (see other thread), you are old.

LouieB

Uh yea..no shit....been alive longer than Bobby D has been recording....

Let's face it, if you remember the Mamas and the Papas being on the charts, (see other thread), you are old.

LouieB

Heh heh. You've only got a couple years on me, Lou. I was just bustin' you and A-man.

Then again, they say if you can remember the 60s, you must not have been there!

Heh heh. You've only got a couple years on me, Lou. I was just bustin' you and A-man.

Then again, they say if you can remember the 60s, you must not have been there!

Oh yea it is getting to be like a dream now isn't it.

LouieB

I just got done doing a 200+ song Dylan marathon.

I was stuck in bed ill, so I set up a playlist with all 9 of Dylan's 60s studio albums, The Basement Tapes, and all of the Bootleg series stuff that applies to his 60s output (Two Live shows + Two discs worth of demos.)

I wish this had come out last week so I could watch it during my illness.

Either way, I will pick it up the day it comes out; I've been meaning to see "Don't Look Back" for years.