• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of myself. I just got 120 stars with Mario this past weekend. It was really tough at the end. Now Luigi's turn.

I hear if you get 120 with Luigi and beat Bowser again, there is a new world to get that 121st star. Did anyone get that far?

Yup, there is. I finished the game over the weekend. It'd be fun to play from the beginning again. I thought Galaxy would keep me sane until Smash Brothers Brawl comes out. But it keeps on getting delay, heh.

• 1 month later...
I was supposed to go to a midnight sale tonite, but saw a band instead. I work all day tomorrow so my roommate is picking it up. I can't wait!

I recommend playing with gamecube controllers, by the way. I can't play well with the wiimote/nanchuck.

I recommend playing with gamecube controllers, by the way. I can't play well with the wiimote/nanchuck.

I have a pair of those wireless ones. Hopefully the guy I dated that worked at Gamestop doesn't want them back anytime soon. :hmm

I have played a little SSBB on my friend's Wii and it seems my man is Lucas. But until tomorrow when I get my own mitts to playing my own copy I cannot say for sure.

ps the Gamecube controllers work sooooo much better, especially since I've played a fair share of SSBM already.

In addition from what I can tell the characters are well balanced...not the whole Fox/Falco/Sheik unbalanced shenanigans.

SSB Brawl ftw. This game is awesome, continues a great line of games.

I have played a little SSBB on my friend's Wii and it seems my man is Lucas. But until tomorrow when I get my own mitts to playing my own copy I cannot say for sure.

ps the Gamecube controllers work sooooo much better, especially since I've played a fair share of SSBM already.

In addition from what I can tell the characters are well balanced...not the whole Fox/Falco/Sheik unbalanced shenanigans.

Really? Lucas comes off as a poor man's Ness but I haven't played around with him enough. It is nice that everyone does seem pretty well balanced though.

I have to say though that I will always like the original the best. I still play it all the time. There's so much depth in the moves and strategies whereas Melee or Brawl sometimes devolve into button-mashing. Anyone else think the N64 version will always be superior?

Really? Lucas comes off as a poor man's Ness but I haven't played around with him enough. It is nice that everyone does seem pretty well balanced though.

I have to say though that I will always like the original the best. I still play it all the time. There's so much depth in the moves and strategies whereas Melee or Brawl sometimes devolve into button-mashing. Anyone else think the N64 version will always be superior?

I've played it for about...oh...6-7 hours tonight since I got home and I still think Lucas is my man. I like his feel better than Ness's, and the moves are a little more suited to me (+ talking snake ftw). My top 4 are Lucas, Pit, Squirtle, and probably Snake or Captain Olimar. Except for a few instances (Wario, King Dededede (too many des?)) everyone is virtually equal. It's obvious that Sheik, Fox, Falco, and Marth have all gotten their due nerfages, but they're not in a "now-I'm-severely-underpowered" kind of way that killed Ness in Melee.

I still love the N64 version best, but it seems to be the most broken of the three. It's pretty much impossible to beat good Foxes, Kirbys, or Samuses. That's simply it. I have not lost a match since I've gotten to college (except on 2+ v. 1 matches...me on the 1 side. I played this one guy, dropped a game, then came back for the best of five, which still is winning the match, technically). The slower-ness of the game makes it much more for me, because as you feel, Melee got way too button-mash-y with all that wavedashing crap (speaking of which, it seems to have vanished from Brawl, a good thing). There have been a few button-mash-y times thus far in Brawl but the pace of the game seems to have slowed down enough for me.

I've got all the characters now and most of the stages - yehaw!

Ditto. After a lot of playing my top 4 has shifted quite a bit.

It looks like Ike, Marth,

Wolf

, and

Toon Link

are up top for me. I put spoilers in case people don't want to know the final unlockable characters...

It's still damn hard to beat level 9 characters...I lose a lot of 4-man free for all brawls and usually win (but not by a lot) in 1v1 matches. I've lost a couple because some of the over the top levels randomly kill me. That's the only real complaint I can level at this game - too many items and stages have random "You Lose" parts to them. Of course, it keeps the game interesting, but it makes it less skill-based (a good thing for casual gamers, I suppose).

FYI...Toys r us is having a sale on Wii games. Buy one get one $20 off.

We picked up Galaxy and Smash Bros.

Galaxy is a blast.

I got my wii for christmas. So far I've kicked my dog in the head while bowling, and punched my bff in the eye while playing tennis. I jutting got mario galaxy a week ago and I'm completely dominating it.

Jason's mom put a hole in her lampshade getting a little too carried away playing tennis the other day.