• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But right now I'm in the middle of Super Paper Mario. This game is awesome. I never played any of the other versions so I wasn't really familiar with how it worked but now I'm a pro.

Have you beaten the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials yet? That thing's a bitch.

Ohhh, and have you downloaded Super Mario: The Lost Levels?? It's awesome to have all those new levels to play, but it's so freakin' hard!

Have you beaten the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials yet? That thing's a bitch.
:lol That's exactly where I am right now! I got up to 25 the first time I played the level but I really thought they were joking about having to beat 100 people, 1 at a time. I was expecting there to be an onslaught of guys coming after me at once when I got past Level 20. No such luck.

No, I haven't downloaded those levels yet but I'm looking forward to it. One thing at a time!My favorite part of Paper Mario so far is the level that looks like Super Mario, complete with the hidden entrance to the Warp Zone. That was a really neat surprise.

I'm excited that they have there online play up and running, and unlike Xbox Live, it's free! now I just have to get some games that have online capabilities. :w00t
Which games so far have online capabilities?
:lol That's exactly where I am right now! I got up to 25 the first time I played the level but I really thought they were joking about having to beat 100 people, 1 at a time. I was expecting there to be an onslaught of guys coming after me at once when I got past Level 20. No such luck.

No, I haven't downloaded those levels yet but I'm looking forward to it. One thing at a time!My favorite part of Paper Mario so far is the level that looks like Super Mario, complete with the hidden entrance to the Warp Zone. That was a really neat surprise.

Which games so far have online capabilities?

that I know of, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Strikers Charged, and Madden 08. I would guess most of the sports games have it, but I don't know that for sure.

Guitar Hero? What do you have a Battle Of The Bands or something?

It actually comes with a guitar-shaped controller and the buttons are on the frets. There are a bunch of well known rock songs and you have to "play" the guitar to the songs to get points. Amazingly addicting for those who participate.

Is everyone still enjoying their Wiis? I don't buy a lot of games because I can't justify the cost when I don't have very much free time to play. But right now I'm in the middle of Super Paper Mario. This game is awesome. I never played any of the other versions so I wasn't really familiar with how it worked but now I'm a pro.

I just finished it last night!!

I'm not crazy after all.

Multiplayer mayhem being the core experience of any Super Smash Bros. game' date=' rumor mills have churned the possibility of online play for the Wi-Fi-equipped Wii version of the game to a powder-fine millet. The rumor, however, can now be put to rest, as the game's official Web site, Super Smash Bros. Dojo, has laid out plans for online fisticuffs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

When the game releases for the Wii on December 3, players will be able to jump into global or friend-only matches. Players will be able to check the status of those in their Wii friend network, and then jump into a match under a variety of modes. The game will apparently not feature any kind of voice chat; instead, four pre-entered taunts can be issued using the D pad. While waiting for other players to ready up, players will be able to practice their moves on sandbag.

"With Anyone" matches will differ slightly from "With Friends" battles. For these, players will engage in anonymous online play, and the limited chat options will be disabled. SSB Dojo also noted that stat-tracking will be disabled for these matches, implying that records will be kept for friend-only brawls. The site also apologetically notes that local matches will perform far better than long-distance melees, which can take place between fighters in, for instance, the US and Japan.[/quote']

Good thing the Wii is entertaining by itself/Wii Sports, because I can't really jump at getting new games with $50 price tags. So far I've bought Super Paper Mario and borrowed a friend's Zelda Twilight Princess. I think next will be Metroid or Super Mario Galaxy. Maybe I'll start a change jar for Smash Bros.

Sue, I just realized we were talking about two different things. No, I haven't attempted the Flopside Pit Of 100 Trials yet. I thought you were referring to Chapter 6, battling 100 warriors to get to the king and the Pure Heart. I was so relieved to find they weren't serious! Did you do both Flipside and Flopside's 100 Trials? How about collecting the treasures using the maps you can buy?

My first priority is to get through the main game and then go back in and do those extras....the 100 Trials, the minigames in the arcades..... There is so much more than the main goal!