• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev: join the revolution.....we're the demographic this thing was made for.

I really haven't been able to get into video games since College and this sounds like one more thing to distract me from actually doing things like reading the 20 books i'm behind on, taking care of my wife/kids, fix up the house and go to work. :monkey

i'd gladly exchange miis, but i don't understand the whole numbers thing. i have the wireless up and running though.

is there a way to buy nintendo points online without one of those goofy cards?

theres a spot you can go to enter in the numbers... should be in the instruction booklet.

you can buy points in the nintendo wii store right on the wii and then go directly to purchasing games.

I armwrestled your mom last night too, Kris! You guys are finally in my parade.

anodyne, there's a little section in the user manual about how to do it. I think you have to go into your address book and set up a new contact to hook up with another person. It took me a while to figure it out.

I downloaded Mario Kart 64 last night. Not quite as fun as I remember it, but of course I didn't have four people to play it with, either. I wish they would take the hour it would take and add online modes to some VC games. If emulators can do it, I don't see any reason why Nintendo can't.

3399 6206 0960 9445 is my code. I'll add everyone who posts here... or pm me yrs if yr worried about scary people.

I have Trauma Center, Monkey Ball, Zelda, Excite Truck, Wario, Elebits... I try to play a nice balance of everything, though I am stuck in one place on Trauma Center and really annoyed. Wario Ware is awesome. I had the GBA version which was similar, you had to turn the whole GBA around and stuff.

Everyone who loves there Wii's should also consider a DS. The online play is pretty cool for it, even with those annoying friend codes. We could organize a game nite for that.

254.gif

I downloaded Mario Kart 64 last night. Not quite as fun as I remember it, but of course I didn't have four people to play it with, either. I wish they would take the hour it would take and add online modes to some VC games. If emulators can do it, I don't see any reason why Nintendo can't.

Are there any emulators that do that over a broadband connection? I remember playing SNES ROMS by dialing up my friend (awesome), but don't know how to do it otherwise.

• 8 months later...

Is everyone still enjoying their Wiis? I don't buy a lot of games because I can't justify the cost when I don't have very much free time to play. But right now I'm in the middle of Super Paper Mario. This game is awesome. I never played any of the other versions so I wasn't really familiar with how it worked but now I'm a pro.

I'm really bummed that they pushed back the release date of Super Smash Brothers Brawl to February. I had my mom reserve a copy as a Christmas present. I guess now I'll have her switch the deposit over to Super Mario Galaxy since I'm in no rush to get that until I finish Paper Mario. I'm waiting patiently for Mario Kart too. I've been looking forward to some online play.