• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto. I can't get enough of that whole album.

Golden

One Big Holiday

Just One Thing

Yeah...it's pretty flippin' good. IMO, as an entire album, it's much better than their other 3 studio albums. I love Okonokos though fo sho.

You're from Troy? I have close family in Scotia.

no way can i limit to 3

1. Anytime

2. Lowdown

3. Wordless Chorus

4. Golden

5. Bermuda Highway

6. X-Mas Curtain

7. Rollin' Back

8. Evelyn Is Not Real

9. What A Wonderful Man

10. Hot Burrito #1 (I know its only Jim James, but it sounds great)

I've tried a couple different records by these guys since everyone raves about 'em, but whatever it is that other people see in them is completely lost on me. :hmm

Maybe I should try the live album? These guys make me sleepy.

sleepy?

One Big Holiday? sleepy?

Not sure I've heard One Big Holiday. The only album I've listened to entirely is "Z" and parts of it I feel like I want to like--like the first track is pleasant enough, I guess. I tried another of their records at one point, but I never made it past track 2.

But, yeah, in my experience, "sleepy" fits. Maybe its the reverb that gives it that effect.

I'm not looking to turn this into a "Hate MMJ" thread or anything. I'm actually pretty indifferent to them up to this point, but maybe there's something that just hasn't clicked for me.

I'm actually pretty indifferent to them up to this point, but maybe there's something that just hasn't clicked for me.

Regardless of your feelings towards the recorded output, don't allow yourself to miss them live if they're in your neck of the woods.

It's like, an "experience-man".

( No kiddin, they are somethin else live)

Not sure I've heard One Big Holiday. The only album I've listened to entirely is "Z" and parts of it I feel like I want to like--like the first track is pleasant enough, I guess. I tried another of their records at one point, but I never made it past track 2.

But, yeah, in my experience, "sleepy" fits. Maybe its the reverb that gives it that effect.

I'm not looking to turn this into a "Hate MMJ" thread or anything. I'm actually pretty indifferent to them up to this point, but maybe there's something that just hasn't clicked for me.

I can see where "Z" might be hard to listen to if you are new to the band. You should get "It Still Moves", and listen to the first 7 songs then make your decision. :)