Various Wilco Demos, Downloads, Etc.

There is a B&P section on Via Chicago located here.

What you see at The Wilco Live Show Archives are files that you can direct download. Think of it as right clicking on a photograph online that you want to keep.

All you have to do is click on a show, Autumn Defense - March 15, 2001, for example,

Then you will see this:

* adefense2001-03-15.txt - 433 b

* adefense2001-03-15t01.flac - 13.43 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t02.flac - 23.52 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t03.flac - 22.56 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t04.flac - 19.92 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t05.flac - 19.57 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t06.flac - 22.50 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t07.flac - 12.45 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t08.flac - 17.61 mb

* adefense2001-03-15t09.flac - 16.43 mb

Click on each file, and you will get the Save File message. When you save the file, it will go to wherever you have downloads set to go to on your computer. I would make a folder with the title of the show and date, and set the file downloads to go there.

You will need to have FLAC installed on your computer in order to listen to the FLAC files, as well as, something to play them on - such as Winamp.

Check out this thread for links on how to convert, burn, and other related information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not put any shows in the folder yet. I may get to it sometime this month.

Below are all the shows we have collected and uploaded to The Wilco Live Show Archive from July 2021-January 2022:    

Posted Images

Guest McGuffin

This is somewhat embarrassing, but I've had nothing but trouble trying to download and play these tracks. I'm on Windows 7 and don't know if downloads for generic "Windows" will work.

My basic understanding from reading the thread is I need to download the FLAC thing from their site and also Winamp to play the tracks. Is this in the ball park?

I have located a site that plays what appears to be the studio version of Cars to tide me over. Why I never downloaded this with my Foxtrot CD I'll never know. It's Wilco's Holy Grail as far as I'm concerned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Speed Racer

For recent shows, your best bet is to check out the In a Future Age section of the board, toward the bottom of the home page.

Link to the Halifax show thread. It's available for download.

Not direct download, but rather, Bit Torrent.

Whenever Mr. Owl does an update, he notes it by posting in this thread.

I should say this more often, but if you take the time to learn Bit Torrent, then you won't have to wait to grab shows.

Edited by Analogman
  • 2 months later...

Hi There, I'm new to the forum here - though not new to Wilco! I just saw them as they toured here in New Zealand (wellington) and it was brilliant as always. Can someone help - i just discovered the

owl and bear d/loads. I just downloaded the solo Jeff Tweedy set (60 + songs). i am getting lost of noisy crackling throughout many tracks. I use a Mac, i converted the files two ways, via Xact and Max to flac files and then into i tunes

I wonder if it's the sources tapes or something i am doing wrong. Thanks for any help

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! Two quick questions: is anyone making "best of" compilations from the live recordings of a tour and suggestions for great sounding recordings from the last year or two? Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not direct download, but rather, Bit Torrent.

Whenever Mr. Owl does an update, he notes it by posting in this thread.

I should say this more often, but if you take the time to learn Bit Torrent, then you won't have to wait to grab shows.

And just so people know I am an idiot and I figured it out after an hour. Bit torrent delievers better quality sound with less effort. I think most amateurs make the mistake I did; reading up on it first. Download a file, get mad you can't open it because it has a ripping version of Hotel Arizona you are desparate to hear, and it will come to you. Have faith. And ofcourse, love your label.