Various Wilco Demos, Downloads, Etc.

Can all be found in one convenient location at The Wilco Archive.

Everything will be hosted there until until Judgment Day, pending any bandwidth overages or extenuating circumstances like requests for removal.

Downloads of other bands can be found here, updated regularly.

Site RSS Feed

HOWTO Convert Files

Disclaimer: Everything hosted at Owl and Bear is presumed to be free and legal. All material has been obtained from sites (like Dime-a-Dozen) that have a strict policy that prohibits the trading of illegal recordings. Bottom line: if it's not permitted at Dime-a-Dozen, you won't find it on Owl and Bear.

Notes: Wilco has requested that the charity Living Room Concerts only be shared among event attendees; these recordings are therefore not available for download at Owl and Bear.

Feel free to email with questions, concerns, etc:

owl@owlandbear.com

Updated: June 20, 2009

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not put any shows in the folder yet. I may get to it sometime this month.

Below are all the shows we have collected and uploaded to The Wilco Live Show Archive from July 2021-January 2022:    

Posted Images

finally after me asking forever someone makes a thread like this. thank you for doing it.

It takes a while to download, gather, and upload this stuff- and all for the sole purpose of putting it all in one place. I also have other things going on, etc., etc., such as unruly cats.

I haven't even listened to a single one of these. Sometimes, things take time. ;)

:cheers

It takes a while to download, gather, and upload this stuff- and all for the sole purpose of putting it all in one place. I also have other things going on, etc., etc., such as unruly cats.

I haven't even listened to a single one of these. Sometimes, things take time. ;)

no no no, that wasn't a bash at you. i promise. :D

i've just been asking for a while for someone to make a main thread for the demos to be posted and for song requests.

i've just been asking for a while for someone to make a main thread for the demos to be posted and for song requests.

To do a single song in Mp3 or FLAC takes minutes - to put up many songs takes hours. That is why everyone who is able should really learn to use BitTorrent. I think it's cool to share - but I think if a person is going to constantly ask for stuff they should learn BitTorrent or build up a collection and do blanks & postage - at some point.

No prob, I understand!

And many, many thanks to Analogman for his help with this too!!!!

btw the link to disk 1 and 2 of the complete singles mp3 is the same link

Sorry - I must have made a mistake. Someone else will have to put it up - I'm not doing Mp3 anymore. I don't have the links anymore - or I would put them up.

Why?

Ask Gershon too. A couple of years ago(?) that taper Big Red Fat Mike(?) threw up on himself after Gershon blatantly put up some MP3 rips of one of his precious shows. It was kind of funny, but also supremely annoying.

I was thinking, though- now that people can share more and more music via the Internet, and have a reduced need for CDs w/ iPods, etc., filetypes will become increasingly more obvious, because you'll be downloading MP3s or FLACs, and you'll know it, and they'll go onto the iPod or whatever, not the CD.

I see the MP3 argument cooling down in a while. At this point, people just bitch because it's something that they can still whine about.

Also- one reason that I use FLACs on my site is because I only listen to about 5% of what I post, and am therefore too lazy to convert them for downloads. The other is because I like to give people a choice from the get-go. You can always download the FLACs and convert to MP3 if you want, but you can't really upgrade to FLAC from MP3, know what I mean?

The other is because I like to give people a choice from the get-go. You can always download the FLACs and convert to MP3 if you want, but you can't really upgrade to FLAC from MP3, know what I mean?

Exactly - they can learn to do this themselves.

I'd like to thank you guys for putting this stuff up. I know how time consuming it is making sure it is all good to go before uploading. Beer and hot dogs for you both!

Ask Gershon too. A couple of years ago(?) that taper Big Red Fat Mike(?) threw up on himself after Gershon blatantly put up some MP3 rips of one of his precious shows.

ha! think i remember that! he taped the cologne/germany 2005 show i attended and posted it on dimeadozen. he pulled the plug after mp3s of that recording appeared on this forum! i nearly suffered a heart-attack, because he stopped to share the recording about 1 minute before i finished the download! he later restarted the torrent, because the mp3s were taken offline again.....crazy good old times! :beer