Various Wilco Demos, Downloads, Etc.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not put any shows in the folder yet. I may get to it sometime this month.

Below are all the shows we have collected and uploaded to The Wilco Live Show Archive from July 2021-January 2022:    

Posted Images

ha! think i remember that! he taped the cologne/germany 2005 show i attended and posted it on dimeadozen. he pulled the plug after mp3s of that recording appeared on this forum! i nearly suffered a heart-attack, because he stopped to share the recording about 1 minute before i finished the download! he later restarted the torrent, because the mp3s were taken offline again.....crazy good old times! :beer

I believe that was our good friend Big Ray.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how the hell do you use a FLAC? I downloaded the thing, but can't open it in Media Player or iTunes.

If it's a big file I'd like to change it into an mp3 for my ipod, but keep it in best possible quality to burn onto CD. Can someone please tell me how?? (Or tell me how to find out!)

Thanks, and thanks lots for posting all this stuff.

Hey

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how the hell do you use a FLAC? I downloaded the thing, but can't open it in Media Player or iTunes.

If it's a big file I'd like to change it into an mp3 for my ipod, but keep it in best possible quality to burn onto CD. Can someone please tell me how?? (Or tell me how to find out!)

Winamp plays FLACs.

FLACs are a lossless audio format, somewhat smaller in size than WAV. The best thing to do with them is to decompress them to WAVs. In Windows, do that using something called the FLAC Frontend (Google it). If you're on a Mac, I'm not sure what you'd use.

Once you have WAVs, obviously you can burn CDs. You can also use any number of programs to produce MP3s from those WAVs. Or, rip the CD you just burned.

For FLAC info, see here.

Winamp plays FLACs.

FLACs are a lossless audio format, somewhat smaller in size than WAV. The best thing to do with them is to decompress them to WAVs. In Windows, do that using something called the FLAC Frontend (Google it). If you're on a Mac, I'm not sure what you'd use.

Once you have WAVs, obviously you can burn CDs. You can also use any number of programs to produce MP3s from those WAVs. Or, rip the CD you just burned.

For FLAC info, see here.

And for Mac folks, you might want to check out xACT for Mac OS X for the conversions:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21952

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

First, thank you VERY much for this post, all the work that's gone into uploading and hosting the files and all the outstanding material available for the downloading!! :thumbup :thumbup

Second, regarding this...

Hey

iTunes will not play FLAC files and Media Player will only play them with a certain hard-to-find plugin whose name escapes me. If you use Windows, my suggestions would be to use either Trader's Little Helper to do conversions, checksums, testing, etc... or MediaMonkey, which will not only play just about every type of music file under the sun, but will also convert some of the more popular formats. They are both FREE, too.

For Mac, as others have previously posted, your best bet is probably xAct for conversions and I would suggest VLC media player for playing most files. They are both free, too. Good luck!

Second, regarding this...

iTunes will not play FLAC files and Media Player will only play them with a certain hard-to-find plugin whose name escapes me. If you use Windows, my suggestions would be to use either Trader's Little Helper to do conversions, checksums, testing, etc... or MediaMonkey, which will not only play just about every type of music file under the sun, but will also convert some of the more popular formats. They are both FREE, too.

For Mac, as others have previously posted, your best bet is probably xAct for conversions and I would suggest VLC media player for playing most files. They are both free, too. Good luck!

Good to know about these additional resources -- thanks, FCB.

Additionally, and to reiterate: for Windows users, Winamp will play FLAC files, and the FLAC Frontend will decode them to WAV. Both apps are free.

I would just like to extend many thanks for making these files available for download. One question though. Are there "A Ghost Is Born" demos? I know "Handshake Drugs" is on the "Moor Like The Moon" EP, but I was wondering about the rest. Thanks.

I would just like to extend many thanks for making these files available for download. One question though. Are there "A Ghost Is Born" demos? I know "Handshake Drugs" is on the "Moor Like The Moon" EP, but I was wondering about the rest. Thanks.

As far as I know the only Ghost Is Born demos that are available were included with the wilco book.

Someone else may be able to clarify or say i am wrong;)

As far as I know the only Ghost Is Born demos that are available were included with the wilco book.

Someone else may be able to clarify or say i am wrong;)

there aren't any. I wouldn't really classify the wilco book as demos either but its as close as we have. at least for now.

Thanks, feller.

There is some more cool stuff on the horizon, including soundboards of the 2007 Living Room Show, Wilco's first show from the AM tour, as well as another purportedly uncirculated show from KFOG '97.