Possible writing credits on SBS

how can AGIB be anyone's favorite wilco album? must be fucking nuts.

and personally, i'd like to see SBS have one simple writing credit: "all songs written by jeff tweedy"... like being there, the greatest wilco album, for sure.

I like the idea of seeing the credit "All songs written by Wilco". And AGIB is also my favorite Wilco album, hands down. It offers what is by far the band's greatest synthesis of songwriting and musicianship. (Excepting Sky Blue Sky???? I hoooope so.)

AGIB is my favorite too. When people say AM or Summerteeth is their favorite I dont get it, but I do try and refrain from calling strangers nuts. AGIB is easily on of my top ten desert island albums, its a freakin journey. I think that album is spiritual, only YHF gets near that for me, but hey some people like key lime others eat some cherry pie.

and personally, i'd like to see SBS have one simple writing credit: "all songs written by jeff tweedy"... like being there, the greatest wilco album, for sure.

"all songs written by Jeff Tweedy ...except Misunderstood....."

A Ghost Is Born would be my desert island pick and of course Jim O'Rourke's "Bad Timing." I just had to add that in because I truly love that album a lot too. There both minimal statements that reflect on a lot that happens in life.

When people say AM or Summerteeth is their favorite I dont get it, but I do try and refrain from calling strangers nuts.

Well, I'd assume (maybe wrongfully) that one would be into AM for the country vibe and one would choose Summerteeth because it has more pop hooks than you can shake a stick at. But I wouldn't call these reasons, or others for favoring these albums, deranged. To me AM sounds rushed and the songwriting takes a dip between the stuff Jeff was writing for Tupelo, and what he would soon be writing for Being There. Summerteeth had the songs, but in terms of production, I think it is the worst sounding Wilco album. Being There, YHF and AGIB are my favorite Wilco albums, AGIB edging in front of the others for the personal reaction I had to it, plus what I consider all the facets of a great album coming together (a divisive factor being Jim O'Rourke producing Wilco, a dream-team in my book).

And for Sky Blue Sky, I reckon that there will be a lot of shared credits, considering the mentions of how they worked things up in the loft on the spot. and because of the weird cultish love Tweedy seems to have with his bandmates nowadays.

Guest Left Arm Tan
"all songs written by Jeff Tweedy ...except Misunderstood....."

misunderstood is written by tweedy. just because it contains one line from a richard something or another song doesn't mean he didn't write it.

and this is my last post, because everyone on this site is a pussy and has no sense of humor.

misunderstood is written by tweedy. just because it contains one line from a richard something or another song doesn't mean he didn't write it.

and this is my last post, because everyone on this site is a pussy and has no sense of humor.

can an admin please pin this post?

i've never felt a need for a signature until today.

Look in the liner notes of Being There, it gives that guy credit, I was just making a point that there is no album in which Tweedy wrote 100%.

And I'm glad that guy's gone.

Look in the liner notes of Misunderstood, it gives that guy credit, I was just making a point that there is no album in which Tweedy wrote 100%.

And I'm glad that guy's gone.

It's you he was talking about, you know. :rolleyes

Reported.

And good riddance. Now, back to business-I have decided that the inter-band love is so musically and personally miraculous it has turned into not a love triangle but a love hexagon. All writing credits will be in arcane diagrams and in ten years when a book comes out the details of interband relationships will be so charming that it will read like a Cameron Crowe screen play.