Possible writing credits on SBS

As the first album recorded with the sextet lineup, I'm very curious to see how the band's songwriting dynamic has changed. Are we gonna see any Cline/Tweedy compositions? If so which ones? That opening lick on Impossible Germany is an important motif in the song, wonder if it belongs to Nels? Will there be more Jorgenson/Tweedy or Kochke/Tweedy songs? And what about Johnny? We know he's a pretty good songwriter, howcum there haven't been any Stirratt/Tweedy Wilco songs ?

I would guess that it will be a lot like A Ghost is Born with a number of the Wilco members listed as the songwriters on each song. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a Stirrat/Tweedy piece either.

8 out of the 12 songs on AGIB were credited solely to JT, as opposed to YHF, where the majority of tracks were co-compositions. Some would argue that that would partly explain the different feel of the two albums. SBS promises to be different again, and I'm thinking maybe it's partly due to a new creative dynamic.

8 out of the 12 songs on AGIB were credited solely to JT, as opposed to YHF, where the majority of tracks were co-compositions. Some would argue that that would partly explain the different feel of the two albums. SBS promises to be different again, and I'm thinking maybe it's partly due to a new creative dynamic.

not to metion new musicians every album.

Guest tandylacker

In an interview of Stirrat, he had said something along the lines of 'Tweedy had alot of creativity flowing for this next album...'

Something like that... So I would assume that Tweedy will have written most of the songs by himself. Maybe someone else says, what if you did this, and wah la, writing credit.

Guest tandylacker
Still pine for the days of Bennett/Tweedy. I think that was the best Wilco stuff. One can only hope...

Maybe best for that 'genre' or something...

AGIB for me is hands down the best Wilco album. And Bennett free.

In an interview of Stirrat, he had said something along the lines of 'Tweedy had alot of creativity flowing for this next album...'

Something like that... So I would assume that Tweedy will have written most of the songs by himself. Maybe someone else says, what if you did this, and wah la, writing credit.

Why would the fact that Jeff was experiencing a period of hightened creativity mean that none of the other members of the band would be involved in the writing process? One can be very creative and still incorporate a great deal of input from others.

Also, "wah la" = "voila"

I love the lineup now. the sound I heard on KTV as well the live show I saw is better than any i've ever heard from them. Of course there are let downs with the lineup, and the band as a whole has really lost it's country side. But over all i think stiratt's amazing, and glenn and nels are a major contiribution.

Then again i have forced myself not to listen to any of the live recordings off the album until after may 15th, so i could be wrong. I am anticipating the release of this album more than other album any before... it's been a long winter thus far. :(

In my mind I think that of the five albums that Jay Bennet was involved with as a member of wilco(being there, summerteeth, and YHF)(as well as the Mermaid Avenue Projects); all had a different feel or "genre" if you will. In fact I credit jay with alot of the ornemental asspects of the music. While jay bennet doesn't play on AGIB I think that Wilco could not have made that record without his influence in the band prior to his departure(putting it nicely). Good and bad influences of course. nobbody is perfect.

spongebob

I'm not so sure we're allowed to praise the Bennett. All discussions of him are to be relegated to the off-topic boards, where any mention of his name is to be met with guffaws and snide quotations from IATTBYH. If you substitute "Nels Cline" for "Jay Bennett," I think that would be better for all concerned parties, chronology be damned.

I'm not so sure we're allowed to praise the Bennett. All discussions of him are to be relegated to the off-topic boards, where any mention of his name is to be met with guffaws and snide quotations from IATTBYH. If you substitute "Nels Cline" for "Jay Bennett," I think that would be better for all concerned parties, chronology be damned.

is that supposed to be serious or sarcastic?

because if thats serious you're brain damaged. one can talk about jay bennett if he wants to. he has certainly put much more into wilco than all the 3 new band members combined.

And what about Johnny? We know he's a pretty good songwriter, howcum there haven't been any Stirratt/Tweedy Wilco songs ?

He is credited for "A Shot In The Arm"

is that supposed to be serious or sarcastic?

because if thats serious you're brain damaged. one can talk about jay bennett if he wants to. he has certainly put much more into wilco than all the 3 new band members combined.

If you are talking about Jorgensen, Cline, and Sansone your nuts. In the new songs, the keyboards sound great and I enjoy Sansone's guitar playing on "Walken" when he does slide down on the guitar. Plus, Jorgensen contribution behind the computer is huge and I do think "Hell Is Chrome" and "Theologians" are rather good songs. And finally Cline, has had a huge impact with making the Summerteeth tunes sound darker (Via Chicago, A Shot In The Arm), Misunderstood sounds better than ever, his solo on Ashes of American Flags is killer, and unlike Mr. I have to play every single note in every single possible place (aka Bennett), Cline's playing contributes to the idea of the songs.

If you are talking about Jorgensen, Cline, and Sansone your nuts. In the new songs, the keyboards sound great and I enjoy Sansone's guitar playing on "Walken" when he does slide down on the guitar. Plus, Jorgensen contribution behind the computer is huge and I do think "Hell Is Chrome" and "Theologians" are rather good songs. And finally Cline, has had a huge impact with making the Summerteeth tunes sound darker (Via Chicago, A Shot In The Arm), Misunderstood sounds better than ever, his solo on Ashes of American Flags is killer, and unlike Mr. I have to play every single note in every single possible place (aka Bennett), Cline's playing contributes to the idea of the songs.

i mean in the history of wilco, jay has done ten times what they have done so far.

Guest Left Arm Tan

how can AGIB be anyone's favorite wilco album? must be fucking nuts.

and personally, i'd like to see SBS have one simple writing credit: "all songs written by jeff tweedy"... like being there, the greatest wilco album, for sure.

how is AGIB completely Bennett free when all the songs on that album were written around the same time the songs for YHF were written?

Because the songs weren't written at the same time the ones for YHF were written.

--Mike