First Listen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, if this is the mellow record, then I should probably start worrying now, I can't imagine songs more mellow than the bulk of AGIB.

Wow, if this is the mellow record, then I should probably start worrying now, I can't imagine songs more mellow than the bulk of AGIB.

so does this begin the stage of the band where we are treated to a trio of female back-up singers and a complete horn section for the live tour? it happens to the best of 'em. i'm still waiting for the actual release to hear it, but i appreciate the first listen review. now i know a bit of what to expect. sounds interesting regardless of whether it rocks out or not. i've been a fan way to long to turn back now.

Anybody have a spare Oink invite by any chance?

Thanks

PM me your email address and I'll send one your way, providing you weren't kicked off the site at some time.

the only thing I am bummed about is the songs are relatively short. nothing more than 6 minutes if that is what I read correctly. Kinda makes for a shorter album but whatevs It'll still kick ass I bet. Hopefully if there is an lp it will just be a single tho. Kinda annoying flipping disks to hear two songs on YHF.

so does this begin the stage of the band where we are treated to a trio of female back-up singers and a complete horn section for the live tour? it happens to the best of 'em. i'm still waiting for the actual release to hear it, but i appreciate the first listen review. now i know a bit of what to expect. sounds interesting regardless of whether it rocks out or not. i've been a fan way to long to turn back now.

That's how you know you've really made it. Even U2 did this. :lol

Hmmmmm......."Jeff Tweedy with special guests,Autumn Defense!"

Please tell me that Nels is not wasted on this album.......

-Robert.

No, nothing like Autumn Defense, it's not that kind of "mellow". And no, there's nothing like horns and female back up singers, thank god.

You can relax

I'm OK with no rocking out ... what bothers me is when all the songs seem to be at the same tempo.

Naturally I'm hoping that isn't the case with this record.

maybe they'll do a balls to the wall punk album next time around.... a guy can dream can't he? :)

:lol I think you want the Ryan Adams message board.

maybe they'll do a balls to the wall punk album next time around.... a guy can dream can't he? :)

Yeah, I gave up on this idea a while ago. There was a point in my Wilco-fandom that I was really longing for the raw, more punkish approach of the early Tupelo days......and the album that followed was "Summerteeth". :lol

It'd be cool to listen to the album before the LR show.

Word on the street is Jeff gave everyone at the first LR show copies of the album but asked them nicely, as fans, not to put them online.

So you won't have to wait long.