Wilco To Stream 'Sky Blue Sky' Tonight

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice Jeffs voice like cracking in Side With THe Seeds and Shake It Off?

Perhaps this is the Being There comparison that JT's made... There are imperfections in there and they haven't been editted (overdubbed) out.

this is the kind of music that you listen to in an old tavern out west sometime in the 1860's, when youre bummed about the emancipation proclamation

Or the kind of music you listen to when you're down to your last fifth of Pam and need to make three, read it three, grilled cheeses but improvise with some lard that mama left in the 'fridge from the Carter administration. Or something.

Man, Please Be Patient is so hushed and personal that I almost feel like I shouldn't be listening to it, y'know?

And I Hate It Here is fucking awesome. I literally reached for the volume as soon as I heard the first bass note. I can live with no Thanks I Get now that I've heard this.

I don't know about Shake it Off. I never really cared much for any of the live versions. This version, ah, I don't know. It doesn't fit in with the beautiful smooth rock that preceeds it by the other songs. and it's not really, you know, rocking rock. It slows itself down quite a bit.

I don't really know what i'm saying. Maybe it's gotta grow on me.

Man, Please Be Patient is so hushed and personal that I almost feel like I shouldn't be listening to it, y'know?

And I Hate It Here is fucking awesome. I literally reached for the volume as soon as I heard the first bass note. I can live with no Thanks I Get now that I've heard this.

Man Glenn is rockin! So Band and it's awesome.

I don't know about Shake it Off. I never really cared much for any of the live versions. This version, ah, I don't know. It doesn't fit in with the beautiful smooth rock that preceeds it by the other songs. and it's not really, you know, rocking rock. It slows itself down quite a bit.

I don't really know what i'm saying. Maybe it's gotta grow on me.

Kinda felt the same way, although I hadn't actually heard any versions before this.

I think it just might have to grow on me. :thumbup

neil? is that the lead guitarist? If he is, then i dont know what everyone is talking about. hes good, but he doesnt play conservatively. hes just crazy in some parts. someone should have turned him off in some parts