SBS Score  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What do you give SBS, 1-10?

I gave it an 8. As much as I love the album so far, everytime I listen to it I think of songs like A Shot in the Arm, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, or even Spiders...and I can't help but miss the boldness of those records. SBS sounds like a very safe record. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I gave it an 8. As much as I love the album so far, everytime I listen to it I think of songs like A Shot in the Arm, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, or even Spiders...and I can't help but miss the boldness of those records. SBS sounds like a very safe record. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

i agree. some songs have that edge though....Side with the Seeds has some kick ass guitar parts. and i love You are My Face. it's right up there with their best i think.

Although there are more songs on this record that I don't care for than any other Wilco disc, the highlights are so great that I can't go any lower than a 7 or an 8.

(Also, I find it kinda silly to assign an arbitrary numerical rating to something like an album of songs. Does that go without saying?)

I like this record...gave it a 7...but I agree there are less powerful moments than on other Wilco records. Also I found the record to be a little less cohesive than others. I do think that this one is a grower though.

i gave it a 9...its pretty amazing ive probably heard it like 10 times already and it is one of the best cds that ive heard in a long time either way is a perfect way to start off, you are my face has some great lyrics, impossible germany has a guitar freak out that is a must hear. Im not the biggest fan of please be patient with me i think thats why i didnt give the album a 10, would have liked to see Thanks I Get in that spot instead. On & On & On is definitely the best closer, Jeff's voice is just so powerful in this song and so are the lyrics "please dont cry, were designed to die".....all in all, 9/10 but definitely exceded my expections

I gave it a 4. Sorry, just not enough there that I like. "Either Way" is nice, "On and On and On" is good. "You Are My Face" is the lone great track for my money, and even that pales in comparison to the Wilco of yore for me (it's no "She's a Jar", "Summer Teeth", "Misunderstood", "Poor Places", "Wishful Thinking" etc.) It also has my least favorite Wilco song EVER on it ("Shake it Off"). All in all a pretty dissapointing outing.

with time, this record MIGHT work it's way upto a 6 or 7, but I never see it reaching the 8 or 9 range for me.

I think it's pretty damn bold to not rest on the noise that they've rested on for the last...9 years?

That's pretty damn bold, in my opinion. With Nels, they could have kept the whole noise thing going, but they decided to go 100% the opposite way, it's that drastic.

It doesn't sound bold, but the transformation of the band is pretty bold in and of itself. Granted, clean Tweedy might have a lot to do with it...

I gave it a nine. I do agree that some of the songs are safe, but they make up for their lack of edge with groove and soul. Hate It Here is fucking awesome! And Sky Blue Sky turned out so much better than I thought it was going to. Impossible Germany, Sky Blue Sky, and Side with The Sides are stand out tracks. Well done Wilco, well done.

i gave it a 6. although you could call it "bold" or "experimentation" for trying a new sound this album, most of the songs are a step backwards from their live debut predecessors. side with the seeds and shake it off are both slowed down way to much and in turn lack the live shows energy. not only that, but leave me (like you found me) is one of the worst wilco songs ever.

I voted a 9.

I really think that even though this record hit me as great from the first listen, it's still a grower. I'm getting to appreciate even the less popular tracks (Shake it Off), and am loving most of the rest more and more each time. Hopefully some of these people who voted in the bottom 5 come around eventually, it may be a while till they get to hear another new album...