LOLLAPALOOZA 2007

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh... this years Pfork lineup isn't very good at all so far

as for Lolla

rumored big acts along with PJ are Pumpkins & NIN

i wouldn't be too shocked if RATM do it, as it's right in the middle of those 3 dates they're doing with Wu-Tang

confirmed:

Lupe Fiasco

The New Amsterdams

The Roots

Son Volt

strong rumors:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Daft Punk

Pitchfork Music Festival > Lollapalooza

Where can you get the 60 dollar tickets? Or is it some exclusive thing....I try and try, but I'm never quite 'hip' enough, dammit!

it was sent out through the mailing lists yesterday morning, there were 3000 tix and they sold out in 12 minutes... kinda sucked i spent my entire day in a virtual waiting room running back from class to see if it had gone through...

anyway im excited for lupe fiasco, that probably means kanye again (i probably shouldnt admit that here, but im a chicago boy)

They say that pumpkins thing every year, so ill believe it when i see it, although im not a fan really... i never understood why/how billy corgan became the face of chicago music...

pearl jam would be alright, eddie vedders another good chicago guy.

as for pitchfork, i didnt go, it sounds like it would have been awesome and definitely for the taste of people on this board but Lolla had a surreal feeling about it, and for me anyway it was more about everyone i know being there and our last week all in the city before going back to school, i cant wait for it.

i feel like i may be heading to bonnaroo this year...i liked pforks lineup last year but i havent really been keeping up on the pitchfork bands this year...im guessing it will be a bunch of new indie bands that arent very good...and im not really liking the Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Three Dog Night feel of Lolla right now. anyone know when the lolla lineup will be announced?

Guest Jules
The Lolla Lineup is supposed to be announced a few weeks into april. The next batch of early bird tickets go on sale on April 3rd (they will be discounted but certainly not $60...probably like $150)

They did a couple pre-sales with decent prices last year. I would anticipate another special email offer around $100 or less, then it goes up from there. You're right, though, when they announce the lineup, the prices will go up.

last year lollapalooza was $130 for three days. it's best to take off Friday (at least a half day) because the music starts around noon, or the good stuff around 2, and then it just keeps on going on that brilliant Midwest heat for 2 more days. I don't know - I've been to festivals that have been MUCH more uncomfortable than this. You have the breeze from the lake, the awesome skyline in the backdrop, and good cold beer to quench your thirst. Plus there is tons of shade to be found on the park grounds. This is probably one of my more enjoyable festivals, I would say.

All that said, I won't be dropping the bucks this year. Just not enough punch in the lineup, especially not enough to top last year. :)

RATM

who is this?