LOLLAPALOOZA 2007

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know what the full price was for last year's show? also was the show only two days last year or was it three then as well?

It was a $ 160 full price last year; however, that is not including service charges and sending the tickets and tax. You know all that bullshit stuff. And it was three days last year and it was pretty cool expect for the poor sound quality and mixing that occured.

On a side note I just bought Pitchfork's tickets and I'm really excited about Sonic Youth on Friday night performing the entire "Daydream Nation" album. It's amazing too live in Chicago.

:blink

I would get tickets just for them alone (if they do anything like last years Coachella show, look out).

i dig some Daft Punk stuff, and while that certainly looks neat/fun, after I got bored with the visuals, there really isn't a lot left to hold my interest musically...

I havent seen anyone mention Intonation either. Hows their lineup shaping up?

no bands yet that i've seen. it's being curated by Jon Brion though i believe, and will be in September this year

Here are the confirmed acts so far (per leaked artist iteneraries, etc). I got this from the Lolla message boards (which were right last year)

Pearl Jam

Lupe Fiasco

The New Amsterdams

Jack's Mannequin

Son Volt

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Charlie Musselwhite

Peter Bjorn and John

!!!

The Roots

Daft Punk

Ghostland Observatory

Rhymefest

David Vandervelde

LCD Soundsystem

Peter DiStefano

Guest Jules
I don't know - I've been to festivals that have been MUCH more uncomfortable than this. You have the breeze from the lake, the awesome skyline in the backdrop, and good cold beer to quench your thirst. Plus there is tons of shade to be found on the park grounds.

You obviously did not go in 2005. They were hosing off the crowd and handing out free water. You know it's hot if their handing out $5 bottles of water for free. There was not a piece of shade to be found without a body in it.

That being said, I'll be there this year.

You obviously did not go in 2005. They were hosing off the crowd and handing out free water. You know it's hot if their handing out $5 bottles of water for free. There was not a piece of shade to be found without a body in it.

That being said, I'll be there this year.

i thought that the sun was absolutly horrendous in 05. ended up leaving early on sunday and saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lineup... :blink

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings Of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV On The Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady, Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, STS9, MIA, Slightly Stoopid, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, CSS, The Rapture, The Wailers, Roky Erickson, Tapes N Tapes, Heartless Bastards, The View, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids, Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins, Sam Roberts, Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette & The Licks, Dios, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite Carey Ott, Matt Roan

Lineup... :blink

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings Of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV On The Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady, Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, STS9, MIA, Slightly Stoopid, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, CSS, The Rapture, The Wailers, Roky Erickson, Tapes N Tapes, Heartless Bastards, The View, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids, Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins, Sam Roberts, Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette & The Licks, Dios, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite Carey Ott, Matt Roan

can anyone else say DISSAPOINTING

didnt get anything i was hoping for. Patti Smith, femi Kuti and My Morning Jacket will be awesome but the rest just makes me go mewh.

to each his/her own i guess, i'm pretty fucking stoked for:

Pearl Jam

Daft Punk

Ben Harper

Muse

Iggy & The Stooges

Modest Mouse

Interpol

My Morning Jacket

The Black Keys

Regina Spektor

Spoon

Lupe Fiasco

TV On The Radio

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Roots

Patti Smith

Amy Winehouse

LCD Soundsystem

Femi Kuti

Yo La Tengo

Hold Steady

Blonde Redhead

Sparklehorse

!!!

Son Volt

Polyphonic Spree

Peter Bjorn & John

Silversun Pickups

CSS

The Rapture

The Wailers

Roky Erickson

Tapes N Tapes

The Fratellis

Ghostland Observatory

Tokyo Police Club

Soulive

Cold War Kids

Fields

Jim Noir

Elvis Perkins

Black Angels

Aqueduct

Dios

David Vandervelde

Chin Up Chin Up

Illinois

Bound Stems

what were you expecting/hoping for? more hippie shite?

what were you expecting/hoping for? more hippie shite?

first off i dont know what the fuck that means

secondly personally i was hoping to see some of these names:

Arcade Fire

M.Ward

Joanna Newsome

Bright Eyes

and I was expecting repeats from Wilco and Andrew Bird

also

Will Oldman or Califone maybe band of horses

Looking over the line up again there are a lot of good acts, i was just expecting a lot better after last years line up. But then again this isnt the full thing so some of those names could be added