Dr. Dog- We All Belong

I like it, but I don't love it. Doesn't hold a candle to the new Wilco, Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, Feist, etc. albums. I love this style of old-timey new-timey rock, but these guys have failed to grab me on disc. I love what little of their stuff I've heard live, though. Love it!

they are awesome. this album is certainly a favorite for the year for me.

"worst trip" is my happy dance song...

Rich, they're like the Beatles meets the Beach Boys and they all got into a fight with the horn section from Chicago.

Interesting... though I'm not too much of a beach boys fan I might have to check them out :cheers

really the only beach boys-ish sounds are their harmonies, i think. not as close as the BB's though. still nice.

they really like V7 chords...

Saw them on Conan last night and thought they were pretty good. I thought they had a more indie-rock sound. Sort of like the Black Keys, but a full band, and with a lot of harmony. Given, I only heard one song.

Sort of like the Black Keys, but a full band, and with a lot of harmony. Given, I only heard one song.

Ehh....Not really Black Keys. I get more of a Phsyc/Garage rock kinda vibe from 'em with a dash of British Invasion flavor.

(I realize this helps not at ALL....best I could do tho)

Listening to We All Belong you hear lots of Beatles, Bowie, and a little Band influence.

I saw them a few years back when they were opening for MMJ; (pre-Easy Beat) and loved them.

I've just spent the last two days listening to the new one. It's terrific. They are a blast live. High energy, lots of fun.

And I get to see them again in May!

This is my top record of the year so far. Highly HIGHLY reccomended.