Wilco playing in Norway (7/7)

What's up with this? They're playing the Kongsberg Jazz Festival in Norway? I'm very grateful that they're doing the Australia shows for all our fellow VCers Down Under.....even think it's cool that they're opening their summer tour in Europe. But to go back there after Bonnaroo?? I suppose they might play some North American dates at the end of June/early July. My guess is after all this, they won't do an extensive U.S. tour.

I know I'm venting but I've only seen the whole band once (Florence, MA 7/16/06, kickass show!) since 10/04. We American folk will not see "You are my Face," "Hate it Here" and "Leave Me" for quite some time. I am also grateful that they've toured extensively for 11 years. I'm just jonesin' to attend a Wilco show.

What's up with this? They're playing the Kongsberg Jazz Festival in Norway? I'm very grateful that they're doing the Australia shows for all our fellow VCers Down Under.....even think it's cool that they're opening their summer tour in Europe. But to go back there after Bonnaroo?? I suppose they might play some North American dates at the end of June/early July. My guess is after all this, they won't do an extensive U.S. tour.

I know I'm venting but I've only seen the whole band once (Florence, MA 7/16/06, kickass show!) since 10/04. We American folk will not see "You are my Face," "Hate it Here" and "Leave Me" for quite some time. I am also grateful that they've toured extensively for 11 years. I'm just jonesin' to attend a Wilco show.

I'm sure they'll be touring extensively over the summer and fall, and they'll probably have some dates in North America before and after they return to Europe.

--Mike

I live upstate in albany and they played at skidmore college which is about 3 hours or so from NYC, not too shabby...

They also played Union College 4/27/02. They probably won't play there this fall. If they do, I'm there.

I also hope they play Newport. I was there in 8/04 and saw them play directly following Old Crow Medicine Show. Awesome weather, great day. I sure hope they return.