Wilco on David Letterman

I could come down. It's a 15 hour drive but I'm always up for hangin' with my fellow Wilcoers.

Sarah, are you going to Bonnaroo? Charlotte is only a 5 hour drive, I'd rather go there. 'Roo would be fun, but with all the chaos and hippies and beer and whatnot it might get annoying really quickly.

I am not going to Bonnaroo simply because of the hippies, and I have heard conditions are really bad. I'd rather go see a full Wilco show in Atlanta.

15 hours is a bit much, but you could come down for the Son Volt show on the 14th and stay for a day or 2! :) I'm sort of laughing at how ironic (though not really) it will be to see Son Volt the day before the Wilco record comes out. I make a big deal everytime I wilco record comes out, like I go to the store with my wilco shirt on and look at the record and try to get people to buy it... it's crazy.

(PS: I've had 3 shots of espresso this morning so i am sort of chatty...hah :w00t)

I brewed coffee at 9 and then saw the Letterman news on Wilcoworld. I will get up and fix a mug right now. That way we'll be wired together.

I didn't realize Atlanta was that much closer than Charlotte. I should have though b/c I've taken I-81 to I-75 driving to Tampa. I was a bit delirious at dawn in the Smoky Mountains. What beautiful scenery though.

I heard that Jay Bennett was going to sing, "My Darlin'". since it sounds so much like Jeff, nobody will be able to tell the difference.

Wow dude, you totally come off as one of those forum jerkoffs that doesn't value anyone else's opinion. I can't believe I'm allowing you to make me the least bit angry. I pity folks like you.

I've just gone to The Palace at 4 A.M. on amazon and re-evaluated my thoughts. So Jay's voice is a bit deeper on "My Darlin". However, his version of "Shaking Sugar," AKA, "Alone," is terrific, just terrific. "Venus" too.

Oh, and i said they sound alike, not look alike, so I think Wilco fans might "be able to tell the difference."

Pieholden would be great. Maybe SarahC could join them onstage since she also does a good version. It sounds a lot like Jeff's version.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=858324

Good times.

Personally, I hope they play "Dreamer in My Dreams," but know they won't. I'd settle for "Side with the Seeds."

"Seeds" is my second favorite. Maybe they'll do "Spiders" or "Passenger Side."

The lead guitar in "Seeds" sounds so much like that of one Ernest "Trey" Anastasio of the Vermont based jamband Phish. This is a fact Dover, not my opinion. The way it slowly builds up to a crescendo exactly mirrors Trey's approach.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's your opinion also, but that's okay by me. It pains me that SWTS is probably my favorite song on Sky Blue Sky because of the guitar breakdown, which isn't usually my thing. I'm not interested in listening to jamband music again.

Phish invented crescendos? :huh

Yep, and the electricity needed to play loud music too.

I'm kidding about all this (see link above) to annoy Africandover.

I'm also close to done with the jamband thing (with the exception of listening to occasional live Dead or even Phish). "Seeds" does "jam" though, IMO!!!

how about a gig too

Warsaw, Town Hall, Bowery Ballroom,....?

Bowery would be awesome, Roseland too. They may announce a second NYC show (for Tues. 6/26) soon, I hope. That would be nice considering the first one sold out in like 2 minutes.

Tweedy's stylist told me they are going to play a Radiohead song on Letterman, but not an obscure one.