• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she misses the mark.

Where Liz Phair's debut sounded as if she was in control of the whole process, and it all appeared DIY, LDR comes of as a marketing product where she is anything but in control. LDR is resented because of the demographic she's being marketed to, the secondary "alternative music" market. (Anyone remember OK COLA from the 90s? The Slacker cola?)

I always find it fascinating the vitriol that some express over music that they don't like.

It's not like the young lady went on a killing spree, spit on nuns, or hates puppies...

I always find it fascinating the vitriol that some express over music that they don't like.

It's not like the young lady went on a killing spree, spit on nuns, or hates puppies...

I haven't seen vitriol. Do you have examples?

I've seen bad reviews, middling reviews, no good reviews...

Personally, I think she's boring. And lip injections are a really strange decision.

I haven't seen vitriol. Do you have examples?

I've seen bad reviews, middling reviews, no good reviews...

Personally, I think she's boring. And lip injections are a really strange decision.

Read the Steve Albini letter the occurs earlier in the thread and extrapolating it forward to the abuse being heaped on the lass.

I assumed we were searching for vitriol on Lana not Liz. There is tons on Liz from her self titled album era. Jim Derogatis tore into Liz pretty good at that point too.

There was certainly a lot of anger floating around back in the day on the board.

I expect vitriol from reviewers to a certain degree...they are the star in their own movie and resent anything that they might dislike in a most disproportionate fashion.