What do you think of that?

Listened to it about a half dozen times and it didn't move me at all; ( except for "man in love" which was catchy).

Well, for me, there's not much in music better than Nick Lowe in his prime. This is not Nick Lowe in his prime. But I suppose I still have a soft spot in my heart for him either way. Its a bit too Adult Contemporary for me. Not crazy about the horns and the backup singers, but I am only on listen #2 so far.

I think man in love has more of an older nick lowe feel to it. I dig it. I also like I Trained Her to Love Me.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, for me, there's not much in music better than Nick Lowe in his prime. This is not Nick Lowe in his prime. But I suppose I still have a soft spot in my heart for him either way. Its a bit too Adult Contemporary for me. Not crazy about the horns and the backup singers, but I am only on listen #2 so far.

I think man in love has more of an older nick lowe feel to it. I dig it. I also like I Trained Her to Love Me.

Well said, and I feel much the same way about Nick.

I think it's pretty obvious the direction he intended these songs to take, and although I'm frankly a little disappointed in the effort at least it gave me reason to go back and listen to the back catalog again.

^^ i'm still enraptured by it almost 2 months after first hearing it... sometimes i think i need something to break me away from it, but oh well ;)

I am feeling that way about all of their releases right now. I cannot quite put my finger on why I like them so much, but they are so addicting.