Put in an order to my online music store "The Electric Fetus" today for SBS and completely forgot the new Dinosaur Jr.. Thanks for the reminder. Dinosaur Jr. is one of a handful of bands where I can say "they changed my life" and mean it. B)

This album is excellent. The fact that they've made one of their four best albums 18 years later is nothing short of spellbinding.

And Harpoon Dodger: My friend said he wanted something raw today. I gave him Tonight's The Night. He liked it. I said, "of course you liked it."

This album is excellent. The fact that they've made one of their four best albums 18 years later is nothing short of spellbinding.

And Harpoon Dodger: My friend said he wanted something raw today. I gave him Tonight's The Night. He liked it. I said, "of course you liked it."

Nice. B)

The new album is awesome. Ja is on fire. Pick Me Up completly shreds. Murph sounds great and Lou has a couple nice tracks on the album.

I'm really digging this album i'm so glad they made it.

Now i can't wait for the DVD at the end of the month :)

I listened a few times last night. I really like it, imo standouts

"Pick Me Up", "This Is All I came To Do" and "Were Not Alone".

Now the opening 2 tracks really knock ya down, LOUD.

1st listen and very impressed.Has the usual Dino sound with hints of blues,roots rock,and still remaining modern.Great lyrics!

Guest Rufer

I don't think the quality of this album (which I think is great) is appreciably better than the latter-day Dino Jr. or J. and the Fog albums (which save Without A Sound I think are at pretty much at the same level).

The one element that I think this reunion has most benefitted any sort of new J. album is Murph being back on drums. When J. plays drums he's a bit too busy sounding--every phrase has to end in some rolling fill and it's like his drumming is competing with the guitars too much. Murph's playing, especially his snare sound, blends in a whole lot better. J.'s snare popps a bit too much. Maybe I'm getting a bit too geeky.

Anyway, yeah great record. But so was 'Green Mind', 'Where You Been?' (both Murph but no Lou), 'Hand it Over', and 'More Light'. I guess it only seems like a reunion to me in personnel but not in sound or quality.

I pretty much agree with you, Rufer, but Feel So Free was probably my least favourite album from J. I was worried that the inspiration was waning and this has restored my faith. ;)