Played The Underdog on Letterman last night. It was good - not great. They had a full horn section, which kicked ass, but the percussion/clapping seemed lean and that is what I really love about that song. Overall though, I am pumped to see them live for the first time later this year!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the NYC show happen? I was going to come in from CT but figured it wasn't worth it with the weather as it was.

I decided not to go because I thought it would be canceled, so of course that means the show was not canceled. Complete with horn section. I think it was a very sparse crowd. Brooklynvegan.com has a pretty cool review/pics/etc. Short show because of the weather.

I decided not to go because I thought it would be canceled, so of course that means the show was not canceled. Complete with horn section. I think it was a very sparse crowd. Brooklynvegan.com has a pretty cool review/pics/etc. Short show because of the weather.

yeah pfork has some pics up as well...kind of bummed i missed this but will definitely see them at Lolla in a few weeks

I got mine yesterday. The cover of the 7" was ripped :( and then not all of the members signed on the same side. Sigh. I was going to frame it. not so much now

Mine arrived late, and the cover was all bent up but still framable. Not happy with musictoday. Great album, though.

I just checked out their tour dates and it says they played Cafe Du Nord in SF tonight which is nuts because that place is about the size of my living room. Pretty awesome. I wanna see them now

I just checked out their tour dates and it says they played Cafe Du Nord in SF tonight which is nuts because that place is about the size of my living room.

Great, sweaty show for the 100 (or thereabouts) of us that got in. I'll always have a soft spot for the Girls Can Tell tracks, but "The Underdog," "Cherry Bomb," and "Black Like Me" were awesome tonight.

816244003_85424bc015.jpg

no one heard about the debatcle of a show at Schubas on Friday night? first they were selling the show, then said no and refunded everyone. next there were a few chances for the free tix. then from what Ive read somehow about 400 people had tix for about a 200 max capicity venue and many were turned away.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i'm really enjoying this album, save for the title, but i can get over that.

my exposure to spoon has been minimal and in going back to listen to their older releases, i like this one best. i realize that this probably will not be the case as i spend more time with them, but for right now at least, i really like this album best of their other releases (i just can't get into them as well).

even spoon did the free bonus track thing with iTunes?

no way i'm buying all again for one track.

why couldn't that have been on the bonus disk (it was only 20 mins)?

anyone heard it/downloaded it?

• 1 month later...
Hurray, Spoon played Black Like Me, my second favourite song from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, on Leno.

Loved the performance and had goosebumps during the second half. On a side note, I've always wondered does the line "I humanized the vacuum" mean what I think it means? :lol

Loved the performance and had goosebumps during the second half. On a side note, I've always wondered does the line "I humanized the vacuum" mean what I think it means? :lol

There's definitely some form of personification going on, but on the sexual level? Maybe he's just making a pity joke.

Going to see them in October when they roll thru here. :dancing

Just started listening to this guys this past spring, can't get enough of 'em. Recommending them to any who will listen, but unfortunately for them not many people are paying attention to suggestion. Their loss for sure IMO.