I saw them open for Wilco in 2004 A.D. They weren't bad but I don't quite get them.

I have Blueberry Boat, I can only listen to it in doses. The rest of their stuff hasn't seemed to interest me that much. I dunno, I'd be curious to see what they would sound like if they stripped down some synths/organs, and concentrated a little more on songwriting.

I have Blueberry Boat, I can only listen to it in doses. The rest of their stuff hasn't seemed to interest me that much. I dunno, I'd be curious to see what they would sound like if they stripped down some synths/organs, and concentrated a little more on songwriting.

I have Blueberry and Bitter Tea. I really, really want to like them, but like you said, those synths can be annoying. They're so spastic. A song will sound great and then a cheesy synth will come in. I'm not anti synth, it's just something about some of the sounds they use.

I have Blueberry and Bitter Tea. I really, really want to like them, but like you said, those synths can be annoying. They're so spastic. A song will sound great and then a cheesy synth will come in. I'm not anti synth, it's just something about some of the sounds they use.

Yeah, exactly, I think there are moments where it works, but often it can just get annoying, or really childish...or I dunno just too ADD for me or something. Give me Stereolab synths anytime of the week.

listening to Blueberry Boat when it was first released was baffling.

a few more listens revealed it's beauty. what a great record that is.

listening to Blueberry Boat when it was first released was baffling.

a few more listens revealed it's beauty. what a great record that is.

they are probably my favorite current rock band besides wilco.

the three best/most mind blowing albums i have heard in recent years have been blueberry boat, yankee hotel, and madvillainy.

'bitter tea' is very good and 'ep' has some really amazing songs (smelling cigarettes, cousin chris, evergreen etc)

I love this band. Saw them open for Wilco in Baltimore and they were one of the loudest bands I've ever heard. I've been to a million shows (and even play in one) and I rarely complain about volume, but I was actually plugging my ears. I felt bad because Eleanor, the singer, kept looking at me like, "are you plugging your ears because you think we suck?" Each song worked into the next without breaks. Some of the hooks were stuck in my brain for days so I bought a few of their CD's.

I can see how they could be an aquired taste, but they payoff is huge if you'll sit down and actually listen to their music a few times. And some of the lyrics are hilarious.

I have a copy of this and have listened to it a time or two...a bit long for one sitting however.

LouieB

I bought Blueberry Boat after reading about it and thinking it sounded kind of fun, and I liked a few of the clips I heard. The actual record itself I had trouble getting into. It has its moments, but definitely can only really be done in small doses for me.

oh, i like that too. actually, my least favourite so far has to be bitter tea (it just doesn't sustain the interest like the others)

Your feelings for Bitter Tea are mine for Blueberry Boat - pleasant enough but doesn't really hit its stride in the way the others do. When I say others I mean everything bar Rehearsing My Choir, I haven't plucked up the courage to listen to that yet. :chicken

Your feelings for Bitter Tea are mine for Blueberry Boat - pleasant enough but doesn't really hit its stride in the way the others do. When I say others I mean everything bar Rehearsing My Choir, I haven't plucked up the courage to listen to that yet. :chicken

Well, most people hate it, but i find it incredibly funny and interesting. You should at least try it out - the grandma sounds like a man though.

After seeing them on tour post-Rehearsing My Choir, I really like the songs now... but I still hate the studio versions on the album.

Does anyone have a bootleg from the "we're not bringing keyboards and instead will play our guitars at 11"* tour from last year?

*my name, not theirs

After seeing them on tour post-Rehearsing My Choir, I really like the songs now... but I still hate the studio versions on the album.

Does anyone have a bootleg from the "we're not bringing keyboards and instead will play our guitars at 11"* tour from last year?

*my name, not theirs

Dimeadozen might still have the Atlanta show on torrent.

I was listening to Gallowsbirds Bark and EP earlier today.

Here Comes The Summer springs (punderdome!) to mind immediately.

I wonder if this tour contains the odd percussion from autumn 2006 that supposedly put Spaniolated on the setlist.

This thread requires more love.