Sky Blue Sky is awful

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that usually happens to me too. I hate how wilco gatefolds don't touch and spread open automatically causing a great annoyance. I tried wrapping a braided belt around them and stuck em under my mattress after putting some oil on them and that didn't even work. I hate Wilco so much.

that usually happens to me too. I hate how wilco gatefolds don't touch and spread open automatically causing a great annoyance. I tried wrapping a braided belt around them and stuck em under my mattress after putting some oil on them and that didn't even work. I hate Wilco so much.

that was just the gate folds too. I melted the vinyl into a window seal.

Do NOT listen to Sky Blue Sky. It will give you dysentery and then monkeypox. It will make your armpit hair fall out. Blister beetles will invade your sweaty places. You'll scratch your ears bloody and wish you'd never been born.

Do NOT listen to Sky Blue Sky. It will give you dysentery and then monkeypox. It will make your armpit hair fall out. Blister beetles will invade your sweaty places. You'll scratch your ears bloody and wish you'd never been born.

This is probably true, but I wouldn't know. Mine's done burned up.

> This is probably true, but I wouldn't know. Mine's done burned up.

what was the texture of it after the pyrotechnics??

I don't know, I didn't put it on my turntable to find out. I imagine any texture their "music" would have had would have been lost amongst the fused together grooves, bubbles and cracks in the recently heated vinyl. That, and I didn't want to foul up my system by playing anything more by Wilco. This whole packaging fiasco has made me consider throwing out every piece of Wilco merchandise I own. WHY CAN'T THE STUPID PLASTIC FACTORY MAKE THE PERFORATION DEEPER?!@#$1/145/1!?#425>?2315>

Or did you mean the physical texture of melted vinyl?

I would recommend your advice, but I wouldn't command my peers to do so. I would suggest sampling the album before casting judgement.

And yes, I don't like Sky Blue Sky for its 60s/70s soft rock revival, which doesn't sound as refreshing as previous records.

The packaging is great. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but Wilco has already figured out how to get around the annoying stickers that bind normal CDs. Those stickers leave residual marks even if you're extremely careful, which is still annoying. Secondly, they're a pain to peel. Finally, most CD cases come with those barcode magnetic strips that adhere below the CD holder. Wilco has surpassed all of these nuissances in packaging. When will the rest learn?

Sounds like a night I spent with Hot and Heavy Lisa.

I fed my Sky Blue Sky album after midnight, then left it out in the rain. Now my home town's in ruins.

Can you send it to Limerick when you are done? C/O Dolores O'Riordan.

Sounds like we have a bunch of impatient, frustrated, retards on the VC boards!

I don't want to throw around a term like "retard," but sounds like someone missed the satirical intentions of most of the posts in this thread.

Now that my vinyl has just arrived this afternoon, I accidentally put it on the stove instead of my turntable. I now have a functional receptacle for the ashes of er, some American flags that I *ahem* accimadentally torched, and also my entire Wilco CD collection, which I sort of burned. It also makes a damn nice ashtray. Nah. I kid. I gave it to my dad. He LOVES the Eagles.