I hadn't heard much of thir stuff until recently. I checked them out on Myspace, and fell in love with the two songs they have on their page from Beyond. I bought it, and I must say... it's pretty much the shit. :thumbup

I hadn't heard much of thir stuff until recently. I checked them out on Myspace, and fell in love with the two songs they have on their page from Beyond. I bought it, and I must say... it's pretty much the shit. :thumbup

If you like it, go grab their older stuff starting with "Bug". That's my fav.

It's weird how they pretty much picked up right where they left off. It's like they froze those searing J Mascis guitar leads along with Ted Williams' head and re-animated them for maximum rockage.

One of the more instantly recognizable bands from the heyday of the alternative movement makes a record that is absolutely Dinosaur Jr. and not "Honda presents Dinosaur Jr. Lite- now with Xtreme Lime!"

Huzzah for a worthwhile rock reunion!

Guest Rufer
It's weird how they pretty much picked up right where they left off. It's like they froze those searing J Mascis guitar leads along with Ted Williams' head and re-animated them for maximum rockage.

I don't really find it all that weird. J. has been making this kind of rock (and in my opinion of equal caliber) all along. The last Dino Jr. album was in '97 and he's been putting out J. and the Fog records that might as well be Dino Jr. records since then.

I love the new record. I just think the hub bub surrounding the reunion is a little overstated and really only noteworthy because of the acrimony between J. and Lou. I think Murph really makes the biggest difference in this reunion. It sure as hell did get J. a lot more press than had he put out another J. and the Fog record though but it probably would have sounded pretty similar.

I don't really find it all that weird. J. has been making this kind of rock (and in my opinion of equal caliber) all along. The last Dino Jr. album was in '97 and he's been putting out J. and the Fog records that might as well be Dino Jr. records since then.

True- J. has a distinctive style and fairly simple formula, so it's not like he needs to re-assemble a huge collective of former bandmates to get "his" sound. I suppose I'm just so used to reconstituted rock bands sucking, that having one still rock after a long hiatus seems unusual.

i know that at least the show in Tulsa is a Camel cigarette-sponsored show, so they're giving away a ton of free tickets (first-come, first-served), then actually selling some at $10/each (guaranteeing you to get in). These sponsored shows are usually put together with a couple of bands that could each be headliners. Dino Jr just got added to the bill a few days ago, but the BK show was announced weeks ago...

Guest Rufer
Dino Jr is playing a show at a clothign store in Boston in June.

I think it is a tie-in with the sneakers they designed for Nike:

dinosaur-jr-junior-dunks-1.jpg

On the day Beyond came out, I saw what I'd guess to be a 15 year-old kid wearing those. I got excited and asked, "Are those the Dino Jr. sneakers?" He smiled and said, "Aw yeah." I said, "Did you get the new album today?" And he looked at me confused. He then said "Man, I got a bunch of SB's". I was a bit disappointed. Doing some research I found out SB's are the general type of Nike.

Yeah, good story. :chatterbox

On the day Beyond came out, I saw what I'd guess to be a 15 year-old kid wearing those. I got excited and asked, "Are those the Dino Jr. sneakers?" He smiled and said, "Aw yeah." I said, "Did you get the new album today?" And he looked at me confused. He then said "Man, I got a bunch of SB's". I was a bit disappointed. Doing some research I found out SB's are the general type of Nike.

Yeah, good story. :chatterbox

What? they put their name on shoes?! SELLOUTS! I love the album, but I think I'm going to have to go put it in the microwave now :punch