Tweedy on NBC Nightly News

So the MSM is still trotting out Jeff as the poor, poor victim of of the big, bad music industry. The inspiring story about how Wilco was viciously dumped by a soulless media behemoth, only to rise up and rejoin the same media behemoth.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Can someone please elaborate on this DIY. Is it Do-it-Yourself?

More or less putting all things to do with your record in your own hands without the help of a label, distributor, blah blah blah...That's what it means anyway and this might not apply as I didn't see the news report, but I would never associate Wilco with the phrase DIY. Some side projects maybe...The Autumn Defense for instance is put out on Broadmoor, which I think is pretty much just John stirratt and his sister putting out their own projects. To my knowledge though, Wilco records have always been put out by Warner subsidiaries, which is hardly doing it yourself. Not that I'm criticizing mind you..God Bless them and their record deal...

Again, I didn't see the segment, so it could very well never have been implied to begin with..

I'd endorse diet Coke. I don't think it's wrong to endorse products you like and are of good quality.

I'd endorse diet Coke. I don't think it's wrong to endorse products you like and are of good quality.

I endorse Bjorn but not heartily.

OK - I haven't watched the clip, so I'm talking out my ass, but . . .

Yes, Wilco releases have always been Warner-ized.

BUT

Wilco's approach to taping (while not that original), giving away bonus material to buyers of the CD (original), and (most of all) streaming (particularly of YHF, where it was fairly groundbreaking) sure seem to me to give Jeff enough "indie" cred to be a valuable interviewee about the internet's impact on musicians.

Ian

Guest ChooChooCharlie
BUT

Wilco's approach to taping (while not that original), giving away bonus material to buyers of the CD (original), and (most of all) streaming (particularly of YHF, where it was fairly groundbreaking) sure seem to me to give Jeff enough "indie" cred to be a valuable interviewee about the internet's impact on musicians.

Yes..Very Valid point..