so, i was in love with live versions of these songs, ya know? after listening to the studio versions of each a handful of times, unfortunately, i'd have to rank them with the versions of the SBS songs on the bonus DVD. that is, good stuff, but not quite "finished" enough for the album. perhaps they recorded them around the same time as the DVD, and then decided not to continue working with them?

-justin

The DVD was recorded after SBS, as a rehearsal for a show. These are definitely two of the 18 songs recorded for the album but not included probably due to reasons you just said.

I really really love The Thanks I Get. I can think of a few tunes that it could replace on SBS. But at least I have it so I can enjoy it whenever I want now. It's such a catchy tune and would have made a better single than What Light, in my opinion.

LNGCA is a fun tune, but would have definitely stuck out like a sore thumb on the new album.

Let's Fight could have been good, sans the cheesey string pads. I can't wait to hear the studio version of that song, whenever it surfaces.

I'm not a fan of LNGCA, but I wouldn't change a thing about this version of TTIG.

I'm not a fan either. I can't stand when Jeff screams/shrieks during that track. The lyrics are lame too....."wreck myself...." I was disappointed when they started playing it at shows assuming it would be on the new album. I think they stopped playing it when it didn't make the final cut for SBS although they played it at both Auditorium shows in November.

TTIG is a terrific song. I've said it before. It could definitely work on SBS and I agree that it could even replace a song or two (Shake it Off or Leave me Like you Found Me). If the rumors are true (I spoke to Pat about this at an Autumn Defense show) about Wilco releasing another album relatively soon, I sure hope TTIG is on there. Maybe they'll put Cars Can't Escape on there too (wishful thinking....no pun intended).

I think the studio version of TTIG is far superior to any live version I've heard. I've always liked the song but at times it came close to being cheesy. THe studio one has some more "bite" to it, at least to my ears

and I love the lyrics to LNGCA, "if I tell you the truth, can I please be excused" is so so good.

I think the studio version of TTIG is far superior to any live version I've heard. I've always liked the song but at times it came close to being cheesy. THe studio one has some more "bite" to it, at least to my ears

and I love the lyrics to LNGCA, "if I tell you the truth, can I please be excused" is so so good.

Yeah, good point, we've all been there before. It's just the chorus and ruckus that bother me.

>wreck myself

funny that it turned out to be "ride myself." the first time i heard the studio version, i was like "what?"

i dunno, i love TTIG, but it still sounds unfinished to me. mind you, this hasn't kept me from playing the song about 20 times since i got the studio version. :-)

-justin

I thought it was "wreck myself." I've yet to hear the studio version. Please post a link, either to the track itself or to where you got it from....thanks justin.

TTIG is a bit raw but a good one nonetheless. The backup vocals ("we can make it better...") in the studio version are very lame compared to when the crowd sings them live.

I thought it was "wreck myself." I've yet to hear the studio version. Please post a link, either to the track itself or to where you got it from....thanks justin.

you can buy it from iTunes.

If the rumors are true (I spoke to Pat about this at an Autumn Defense show) about Wilco releasing another album relatively soon, I sure hope TTIG is on there.

I think the mp3 release is most likely the last we will hear of it aside from live performances. I think if they intended to put it on another LP they would have sat on it (sure Handshake Drugs resurfaced, but they were still changing it.)

Here's whats curious about the SBS sessions. We have the 12 album tracks and:

13. One True Vine

14. Let's Not Get Carried Away

15. The Thanks I Get

16. (we assume Lets Fight)

17. ?

18. ?

Along with hearing a studio version of Let's Fight, I would love to find out what the other tracks sound like. More blue eyed soul? More big rockin' classic rock? More endearing folk?

My girlfriend got it as a bonus disc with the vinyl. Its absurdly good. I never heard that song so huge before, I wonder how it didn't make Kicking Television.

care to help out a young man about to leave the country for the summer w/out music access?

13. One True Vine

15. The Thanks I Get

17. ?

18. ?

I remember reading somewhere that a song called "Glad It's Over" was one of the 18 being considered, so that leaves only one that we don't know the name of.

I think the mp3 release is most likely the last we will hear of it aside from live performances. I think if they intended to put it on another LP they would have sat on it (sure Handshake Drugs resurfaced, but they were still changing it.)

13. One True Vine

15. The Thanks I Get

17. ?

18. ?

Along with hearing a studio version of Let's Fight, I would love to find out what the other tracks sound like. More blue eyed soul? More big rockin' classic rock? More endearing folk?

They brought back "The Good Part" for a few shows, so that might be it.

Since I downloaded TTIG 2 days ago, it already has 28 plays on my itunes. This song is like burritos, I simply can't get enough of it. LNGGA is a fun tune in my opinion. I actually really enjoy it but it definitely doesn't fit on the album at all.

All I know is that I won't be able to stop listening to TTIG all summer. Beautiful song