The Road To The College World Series

The college baseball regionals start Friday. These games are usually very entertaing. Vandy and Rice are the class of the tournament. Arkansas drew the number 7 national seed, and are hosting a regional. :) Here are the other schools who are hosting.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Florida St, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri, Texas, Texas A&M, Coastal Carolina, Long Beach St., Rice, Wichita St, Arizona St, and San Diego

Bracket

Wooo Pig Sooie!

Did I read that bracket correctly that Florida isn't in the tourney? Because I'm getting a little tired of seeing my Buckeyes get bounced by the Gators in every sport. :unsure

That's correct. The SEC is sending 5 teams to the tourney this year.

Arkansas

South Carolina

Vandy

Ole Miss

Mississippi State

PigSooie...I'm rooting for you guys and Vandy.

It hurt really bad not seeing my LSU Tigers in the SEC tourney this year. They fell apart down the stretch, but I really feel Maineri will have LSU back on top in a couple of years.

Man I love college baseball. I had the pleasure of witnessing one of the all time greatest moments in Omaha, when Warren Morris took that first pitch, 2 outs. bottom of the ninth fastball deep over the right field wall. I was in a huge section of LSU fans on the first base line and it was like white noise for a solid 30 seconds.

Goose Bumps!

Anyway...my favorite time of the year. Good Luck to everyone!

God I love college baseball. On a similar vien of thought, God i hate the University of Wisconsin for being the onoly Big 10 school without a baseball team. So by default - Go Blue!!

Fixed it for you.

PigSooie...I'm rooting for you guys and Vandy.

It hurt really bad not seeing my LSU Tigers in the SEC tourney this year. They fell apart down the stretch, but I really feel Maineri will have LSU back on top in a couple of years.

Man I love college baseball. I had the pleasure of witnessing one of the all time greatest moments in Omaha, when Warren Morris took that first pitch, 2 outs. bottom of the ninth fastball deep over the right field wall. I was in a huge section of LSU fans on the first base line and it was like white noise for a solid 30 seconds.

Goose Bumps!

Anyway...my favorite time of the year. Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks. It's weird hearing that from an LSU fan. :)

You guys should be tough next year. LSU had no problem coming into Baum this year and killing the Razorbacks.

Thanks. It's weird hearing that from an LSU fan. :)

You guys should be tough next year. LSU had no problem coming into Baum this year and killing the Razorbacks.

I've never had a problem with Ark. Nice folks and a classy program Hate to see whats Happening to Houston right now. Don't know the details, just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would cheat on his wife. I've always liked Broyles alot too.

Right now we've got a great recruiting class and Maneiri is an amazing coach. Really looking forward good things in the near future.

Anyway, i'd love to see Ark and vandy in Omaha, and I'm hoping State upsets down at FSU. On the other side, I'll be rooting for every team but Ole Miss in Oxford, and Bama is not even in a regional and I'm rooting for them to lose!

Pig Sooie....

QUOTE(Serak_the_Preparer @ May 30 2007, 11:37 AM)

God I love college baseball. On a similar vien of thought, God i hate the University of Wisconsin for being the onoly Big 10 school without a baseball team. So by default - Go Blue!!

Fixed it for you.

I can go either way - I just want a Big 10 team in the CWS. I now live in Minneapolis, so I have to pull for the Gophs, but I grew up in northern WI so I loved the Badgers and oddly enough, the Wolverines. I loved Jim Abbott!

No. I didn't make it. You?

No. My wife and I used to love following the Cowboys in the post-season, but that was BC (Before Children).

Never been to Omaha though. (Knock on wood.) Can't go this year, as we have other vacation plans, but that would be one we'd take the kids to in the future if OSU can make it to the CWS.

Thankfully, CSTV was airing the Fayetteville regional (and streaming the broadcast online), so I got to watch it from home. Looked like a pretty wild atmosphere. I knew the Pokes could rake, but I'm glad we got our pitching to come around at the right time.

Is the heat on Van Horn over there?

Baum is electric, for sure.

I think Van Horn is safe. I haven't seen anything in the Arkansas papers, or on message boards to suggest otherwise. The fans love the guy, and he played at UA.

I think Van Horn is safe. I haven't seen anything in the Arkansas papers, or on message boards to suggest otherwise. The fans love the guy, and he played at UA.

I wasn't thinking his job was in jeopardy, but I thought his decisions on pitching order (especially considering the Saturday night game) might make get the local media and fans on his case.

Oregon vs. Rutgers @1:00 pm today...winner plays UVA this evening at 6:00pm.

That OSU/UVA game on Saturday was a classic! The rain will help UVA set up their pitching, but their outfield injuries will really hamper the lineup. Guyer's out for the year, and Marsh is definitely out for the rest of this regional.

I figured that I'd be out of here yesterday (being a Rutgers fan), but I had to stay for today. If our bats get real hot, anything can happen. We do have the best position player in the regional (Frazier). The one big difference between UVA/Oregon State and Rutgers is the pitching. Both those teams have much better arms.

GO RU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jImMy JiMmY, I'll be wearing my grey Wilco shirt if you're gonna be there today (all my Rutgers shirts are now dirty).