From Craigslist

Have an extra, need a date to Wilco show at Hammerstein - $1 (Greenwich Village)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-345268728@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-06-05, 9:23AM EDT

Below is my original post from a week ago. There seems to be some confusion so this is the new disclaimer. I have an extra ticket to the Wilco show at the Hammerstein and am totally serious about trying to find a date, though please take this entire ad with a mound of salt (especially the casual encounters bit). This is all about the music, though I am a newly single dude and am certainly up for meeting a cool lady.

This post may belong in Casual Encounters, though there is nothing casual about Wilco. I have an extra ticket to the Hammerstein show. My former date will not be able to make the show. I am in search of a new one.

Judging by the price that these tickets are going for (fairly unfortunate) and the fact that I have been waiting to see this band since I fell in love with them while living abroad in South America, I am reserving the right to be rather picky. Below are a few requirements

Guest ChooChooCharlie

I only kinda skimmed through this, but I think I'll probably go ahead and answer this kid. I've got a few years on him, and would prefer the Warsaw show, but Hammerstien will do and the tall blonde flight attendant thing seems to interest a lot of civilians so....He only wants someone to hang with at the show, no? No funny business right?? I'll reread what he's written to ensure his intentions are honorable and let ya know :)

Edit: Hold on a darn second..What??? This kid thinks he's being "cute" like he's judging the Miss America pagent or something..That's not cool...

I've got a feeling he's not going to find a date, but good luck to him. I especially like the fact that he wants her to pay for dinner! :worship :monkey

But if she pays for dinner he has to do whatever she wants after the meal, right?

As long as she doesn't make eye to eye contact - unless initiated by him - and, quite obviously, only speaks when spoken to.

The good old days before women got uppity.

Is he going to make some poor girl pee in a cup too... he sounds like fun.

And I DO mean 'noramlly'. Because I'm a large, hairy, tattoed man and I have urges. And not all of them are 'noraml'. Or normal for that matter. I had a Wilco ticket going spare in Sydney and do you think I could get one of our sistren to come along? Nuh uh. I had to take a fellow instead. As much as I hate making out with men, it was a good night in all.

And I DO mean 'noramlly'. Because I'm a large, hairy, tattoed man and I have urges. And not all of them are 'noraml'. Or normal for that matter. I had a Wilco ticket going spare in Sydney and do you think I could get one of our sistren to come along? Nuh uh. I had to take a fellow instead. As much as I hate making out with men, it was a good night in all.