Cincinnati Roll Call

Mnt. Bed...............................You never told me you were going to the Cincy show also..............................I feel left out,and my heart is broken.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol

if I hadn't been logo free since '83, I'd dig up a VW tshirt to wear.

Nah, I couldn't do it.

Mnt. Bed...............................You never told me you were going to the Cincy show also..............................I feel left out,and my heart is broken.

Me & the missus are meeting up with some good friends of ours from Dayton. It will be my buddy's b-day so it should be LARGE. Hey man come a day early if you can!

Later today I will have the inside scoop for a good VC Summit point near the Aronoff.

My son in law (native Cincinnatian and beer connoisseur) was mowing the lawn when I called for the lowdown this morning, and Bethanydear refused to go get him. :rolleyes

Later today I will have the inside scoop for a good VC Summit point near the Aronoff.

My son in law (native Cincinnatian and beer connoisseur) was mowing the lawn when I called for the lowdown this morning, and Bethanydear refused to go get him. :rolleyes

If some dude was mowing my lawn, I wouldn't interrupt him either. No euphemisms were employed in the creation of this post.

If some dude was mowing my lawn, I wouldn't interrupt him either. No euphemisms were employed in the creation of this post.

Oh sure. I know just what you mean. ;)

Here's the first part of the transmission: "Ok, DH suggests Hoffbrau house on the Newport side (easy to seat lots of people without reservations, good beer and good german food) or Red Fish on the Cinci side. Good beer, nice atmosphere, tasty cajun style dishes, but not sure how available seating for big parties is. Also suggested Main Street Brewery on the Cinci side, but don't know much about the food."

There is also a call in to another consultant right now. I don't know how close these are to the venue until I talk with B's DH. I'll keep you posted...I'm on the run.

I'm getting a wee bit tempted to try and pull off this show,I can get off work,it's just the money issue.Hell,I did an east coast Phil tour on about five dollars.It would be pure bliss to get to meet all you folks,and oh yeah,Wilco!

Hell,I did an east coast Phil tour on about five dollars.

I knew you were my people.

Here's the first part of the transmission: "Ok, DH suggests Hoffbrau house on the Newport side (easy to seat lots of people without reservations, good beer and good german food) or Red Fish on the Cinci side. Good beer, nice atmosphere, tasty cajun style dishes, but not sure how available seating for big parties is. Also suggested Main Street Brewery on the Cinci side, but don't know much about the food."

There is also a call in to another consultant right now. I don't know how close these are to the venue until I talk with B's DH. I'll keep you posted...I'm on the run.

A friend of mine also recommended Rock Bottom Brewery in Fountain Square. He said it's a good microbrew with good food...just throwing that out there.

Thanks Bryan! That is very near the Aronoff too. That might be the best place. Here is their website: http://www.rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RB...ocationID=10062

Here are a couple of websites for two other restaurants near the Aronoff that are recommended. Because Bethany and family won't being going to the show but want to meet everyone, a kid friendly place is where we would prefer be for dinner at least. Both of these places are close to the venue, Redfish within a quarter mile and Hofbrauhaus within a mile. German food in southern Ohio is pretty fabulous and Hofbrauhaus also has a lovely view of the river.

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/

http://www.redfishamerica.com/index2.html

Also, this place is right across the street from the Aronoff:

http://www.nicholsonspub.com/html/body_nicholson_s.html

I'm up for any of these.

I am leaving town on Sunday for the land of my birth and will only be intermittantly in communicado after that. Can't wait to see everyone! :wub

I am leaving town on Sunday for the land of my birth and will only be intermittantly in communicado after that. Can't wait to see everyone! :wub

Xanadu?

Can't wait to see you and meet your crew! We might have the boys with us as well. :wave

Safe travels!

Xanadu?

Can't wait to see you and meet your crew! We might have the boys with us as well. :wave

Safe travels!

So twice five miles of fertile ground

With walls and towers were girdled round :

And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,

Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree ;

And here were forests ancient as the hills,

Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

:wub

Oh, it would be so fun to see the boys.

Sooo excited!

Thanks Bryan! That is very near the Aronoff too. That might be the best place. Here is their website: http://www.rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RB...ocationID=10062

Here are a couple of websites for two other restaurants near the Aronoff that are recommended. Because Bethany and family won't being going to the show but want to meet everyone, a kid friendly place is where we would prefer be for dinner at least. Both of these places are close to the venue, Redfish within a quarter mile and Hofbrauhaus within a mile. German food in southern Ohio is pretty fabulous and Hofbrauhaus also has a lovely view of the river.

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/

http://www.redfishamerica.com/index2.html

Also, this place is right across the street from the Aronoff:

http://www.nicholsonspub.com/html/body_nicholson_s.html

I'm up for any of these.

My vote is for rock bottom or hofbrauhaus, but that's just because I do enjoy microbrews.....MChris, these are both okay for the youngsters? If not, redfish is quite alright with me as well.(I have nothing agains the Scots, it just seems the least appealing to me and their website is hard to navigate.)

Now Bethany says this is the place to meet up:

Nicholson's

From the most dining savy of my Cincinnati people:

"Jason's sister voted for Nicholoson's- said she has always had great food and service there, and they have ENORMOUS amounts of beer, lol. I think it'd be fine for the kiddos too, that early, just might need resi's if more than 6-8 people."

And right across the street from the Aronoff.

So, let's let everybody weigh in over the next few days and make a choice.

My vote goes to Nicholson's or Rockbottom. :)

Im all for parking once, so anything across the street from the venue sounds good. But I'm easy and will defer to the masses.

I'm easy

Snicker.

P.S. I have made something out of clay and you are the inspiration! It is not finished, but will be soon. I will keep you posted.

I like the parking once thing too, so my vote has now changed to the same a MChris'. Rockbottom or Nicholson's.

Im all for parking once, so anything across the street from the venue sounds good. But I'm easy and will defer to the masses.

I agree something close to the venue is a good idea. It would be nice to get parked once in Cincy and to walk the rest of the time.