Cracker... how are they live?

So, Cracker is the only good band coming to this year's Riverbend festival. Riverbend is Chattanooga's lame music fest that goes for 9 days. One of which is "faith and family night"... :yucky

Anyway, Cracker is playing opening night on the 3rd biggest stage, and I was wondering how good they are live? I'm going regardless, but it would me nice to have something to look forward to.

Thanks!

Anyway, Cracker is playing opening night on the 3rd biggest stage, and I was wondering how good they are live?

As of a decade ago, pretty good. :thumbup Haven't seen them recently, but I'd imagine things haven't changed all that much.

Guest Rufer
So, Cracker is the only good band coming to this year's Riverbend festival. Riverbend is Chattanooga's lame music fest that goes for 9 days. One of which is "faith and family night"... :yucky

Anyway, Cracker is playing opening night on the 3rd biggest stage, and I was wondering how good they are live? I'm going regardless, but it would me nice to have something to look forward to.

Thanks!

So I didn't think out of a 9 day music fest there would only be one good band so I checked the web site out and it appears the Avett Brothers are playing. They're good. Also, if admission is free and I was stuck in Chatanooga I would definitely check out Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder as well as Vince Gill play their instruments--because both are really good at it. Don't know much about moe. but I'd probably check them out too--of course only if the price is right--aka free. And what's so wrong with faith and family? Seem to be two pretty good things in and of themselves. [edit: yeah, of course the music probably will blow that night.]

And what's so wrong with faith and family? Seem to be two pretty good things in and of themselves. [edit: yeah, of course the music probably will blow that night.]

Yeah, I planned on seeing Vince Gill, just because my mom loves him.

And the faith and family night is great, because there are no crazy drunks...but the music is aweful.

Cracker are a great band, you will not regret going to see them. Johnny and David are brilliant together. The latest album, Greenland, is well worth picking up too.

Sarah you'd enjoy seeing Cracker... they are great live. I've seen them as a band, a couple solo shows and joining in other bands... I've yet to see Camper Van Beethoven, but I hope to get the dvd of the 1st annual camp out... I love the song "eurotrash girl"... the medley is just kick a** :rock

my most favorite by them... Go and have a good time girl :cheekkiss

i think they are fun to see, Johnny Hickman is a great guitar player and David Lowery has that asshole, sarcastic edge to him. good stuff

Last time I saw them Bowery Ballroom maybe'99 they had the hottest chic playing bass, I hope she is still around? She was great!! But yeah always a good show

You should get there first album "Cracker"

Are you a Camper Van Beethoven fan?

And I assume you are down with the hidden trax on kerosene hat?

Sarah you'd enjoy seeing Cracker... they are great live. I've seen them as a band, a couple solo shows and joining in other bands... I've yet to see Camper Van Beethoven, but I hope to get the dvd of the 1st annual camp out... I love the song "eurotrash girl"... the medley is just kick a** :rock

my most favorite by them... Go and have a good time girl :cheekkiss

I saw camper van Beethoven open for modest mouse a few years ago. A very cool show

I saw camper van Beethoven open for modest mouse a few years ago. A very cool show

That's kool, I'd hope to some day catch a show... The camp out thing with Cracker and CVB sounds like alot of fun...

Maybe some day :yes they are playing the 40watt in Athens, so is Jason Isbell too, I'd like to get back to going to shows in Athens, last year when my car was stolen in athens it put the scare in me... but anyways, i'll get back to my shows like i use too... didn't me to ramble :omg

Thanks!

when rythm and brews (are they still a small venue on market street attached to big river brewery?) first opened i saw cracker there (um, this may have been 8 years ago or more) and it was a pretty good show. then i saw them at dennys the next morning eating breakfast. actually, it was camper van beethoven and they ended up rocking out cracker songs or it may have been the other way around. (i only wish i had the 60s to blame for my dimentia) either way, they put on a good show.

ahhhhhhhhhhh riverbend. hahaha. i actually miss it's lackluster perfomance schedule. thanks to RB, I have seen chaka khan and don mclean. not together, of course...but that may have been cool.

i really miss chattanooga.