I know most of you on here that have kids are responsible, loving care-givers But if you know some dumb motherfuckers with kids, and I'm sure many of you do, make sure they read this.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark...re_you_tryi.php

Can you imagine? I saw Gremlins when I was 4 or 5 and i couldn't go to the bathroom by myself for months. If I had seen Hostel I'd probably be a serial killer by now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some parents are just sooooooooooo stupid. I still can't get over some of the stuff my daughters' friends are allowed to watch. Maybe I shelter them too much, but I think it's better than letting 'em run craZZZy...

Some parents are just sooooooooooo stupid. I still can't get over some of the stuff my daughters' friends are allowed to watch. Maybe I shelter them too much, but I think it's better than letting 'em run craZZZy...

I think it's one thing for a kid to see a typical Hollywood action flick, with explosions and Nicolas Cage and what not. I mean, I watched Top Gun and Iron Eagle and stuff alot when i was a kid, but I had been taught to respect the difference between fantasy and reality. Hostel, on the other hand, is just fucked up. I really don't understand why adults would watch that shit, and I think taking young children to see it should be a punishable offense.

Sometimes I think parenting should only be allowed with some kind of license. :hmm

To drive a car, you have to pass a test ... but any asshat can produce offspring.

Moronic adults are nothing new. They generally follow in the footsteps of their moronic parents. It's tradition.

If I'm assuming the flick is rated R, how the hell are they admitted in? There's no hope for the moronic parent (they'll just rent the flick and let them watch it at home in a few months) at this stage in passing on moronic sensibilities to their offspring, but the theater should be assessed some fines or something.

Moronic adults is nothing new. They generally follow in the footsteps of their moronic parents. It's tradition.

Tradition? I know some special educators who call it "job security."

Moronic adults is nothing new. They generally follow in the footsteps of their moronic parents. It's tradition.

If I'm assuming the flick is rated R, how the hell are they admitted in? There's no hope for the moronic parent (they'll just rent the flick and let them watch it at home in a few months) at this stage in passing on moronic sensibilities to their offspring, but the theater should be assessed some fines or something.

R-Rating = no children admitted without an adult

Whether or not the two mouthbreathers who brought the kids in should be classified as adults is another matter...

Not only is it bad for the kids, but it's a bad movie...

I don't know what's worse... exposing kids to violent imagery, or teaching them that it's okay to waste their time and money on crap.

Oh. I always thought R rating was no one under 17 (or whatever) regardless. This changes everything and also opens up new possibilities for entertaining my 5 and 7 year olds.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Oh. I always thought R rating was no one under 17 (or whatever) regardless. This changes everything and also opens up new possibilities for entertaining my 5 and 7 year olds.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

You're thinking of NC-17.

Or, of course, XXX.

You're thinking of NC-17.

Or, of course, XXX.

That's the one, NC-17.

So technically/legally these parent's did nothing wrong. They're just morons. Maybe the film should have a different rating on it, too.

I was raised by a set of those idiot parents. I wouldn't call them idiots exactly, but yeah, I have several not-so-fond memories of being dragged into a theater to see a scary movie at a very very young age. I saw Alien, Friday the 13th, and Halloween all in the theater and remember hiding in the backrow while my dad got popcorn because I knew it was a scary movie. Oh yeah, and poltergeist when I was the same age as the little girl (and looked similar to her). I think they drew the line at the Exorcist, but that was probably because it scared them.

I can't watch scary movies now without being jumpy for days (and hiding through half the movie).

I don't recommend doing that to your children!

I have a very interesting friend who saw Apocalypse Now (among others) with his mom when he was a wee one.

My friend's mom dropped us off at that when we were 13 or 14 or so at a small theater in Woodstock, VT. I fell asleep during it.