Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been able to see all three guys by themselves over the years, but sadly Zep's last shows in America occurred when I was just 15. I'd still like to see this happen (along with millions of other people).

When Page and Plant toured almost 10 years ago, those shows were great. I can't imagine any possible reunion tarnishing (and I hate that opinion that legacies can be tarnished) their name. Good musicians are always good musicians unless they've succumbed to excessive drug use (and even then, some are still just as great).

When Page and Plant toured almost 10 years ago, those shows were great. I can't imagine any possible reunion tarnishing (and I hate that opinion that legacies can be tarnished) their name. Good musicians are always good musicians unless they've succumbed to excessive drug use (and even then, some are still just as great).

Same here. I saw them with the full-blown string section and Egyptians and the five-piece rock n roll version and both KICKED ASS.

There's no way that can compare to the electric magic of the real band though. You can't replace John Bonham. Listen to When The Levee Breaks - one could not make the sound today.

On 25th June 2007, World Entertainment News reported Led Zeppelin have allegedly agreed to re-form for a special memorial concert for Ahmet Ertegun, the founder of Atlantic Records who died in December 2006. It was also reported that if the concert goes well, they may also tour in 2008.

This already happened like a month or two ago. Seriously, they had a concert at the guy's wake. Jason Bonham sat in.

There's no way that can compare to the electric magic of the real band though. You can't replace John Bonham. Listen to When The Levee Breaks - one could not make the sound today.

Well said. I wish I had a time machine.

Well said. I wish I had a time machine.

Me too.

The LZ message board I refered to is the one you have to use a real email to sign up with - not yahoo.com or whatever. They also seem to spend big money on buying LZ boots, and then putting them up on the torrent site that one cannot use unless you are signed up there. I always figure it must be hard to participate on a message board of a band that no longer exists and has not for almost 30 years.

• 2 months later...

that ocean is better than anythin on song remains the same. damn, it's kick ass!! love it when bonham sings and some roadie holds out a mic for him. to have seen zep in the ealry 70s! amazing!

In between last time we came and this time, we managed to get an album out called Houses of The Holy and this is uh something we decided was an apt title for a thing that's called The Song Remains The Same.

:D

"This izza song of 'ope".

Unfortunately, no I did not. I distinctly remember it being aired on TV (MTV?) in about '85 or so though because I went & bought my first VCR at that time for the express purpose of taping the damn thing.

Although it probably hasn't aged too well I must have played the soundtrack to that a million times back when I was a kid.

I had a crappy VHS of it I got in the early 90s - now I have the dvd. It will be interesting to see how it looks cleaned-up. I figured it was going to happen - as Since I've Been Loving You is on the LZ DVD - re-edited.