Led Zeppelin reunion??

This just in from the BBC:

Led Zeppelin to confirm reunion

Rock group Led Zeppelin are expected to announce a one-off reunion concert.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, who split after drummer John Bonham died in 1980, will get back together.

The trio have not performed live for 19 years. They are expected to be joined by Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Led Zeppelin's pioneering heavy rock made them one of the most popular and influential bands of all time. The show is due to take place at London's O2.

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith will make the announcement at the 20,000-capacity venue, formerly known as the Millennium Dome, on Wednesday.

The news is likely to spark a huge rush for tickets as devoted fans around the world scramble to get into what could be the band's last show.

The concert is expected to coincide with the release of a new two-CD best of compilation, Mothership, on 13 November.

Uncut magazine writer Chris Roberts told BBC Radio Five Live: "A younger generation - as well as the people who might remember Led Zeppelin from the first time around - are very excited about this.

"Reunion tours are big at the moment - The Police, Genesis, etc - but this is the one most people really didn't think would happen.

"They're pretty much the Picasso of heavy rock. Led Zeppelin's albums have certainly lasted the test of time and they're pretty much the template of heavy rock at its best."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gues not....read this...

Goldsmith said the band was approaching the gig seriously.

"They thought about it very carefully, and even decided to actually rehearse for a few days to see if they could play together again," he told Reuters Television in an interview.

"I only asked them to do 30 minutes and they came back after a week's rehearsals and said they wanted to do a full show.

"So they obviously started to bond back together again. As far as I'm concerned, this is a one-off show, if something materializes after that, I'll be thrilled," Goldmsith added.

Page can still play. Plant will never be the Plant of old. I don't really have a handle on how good Jason Bonham is as a drummer. They might be able to invoke some of their Atlantean Majesty of days past, but I'm gonna wait for the DVD.

i added my name yesterday, worked fine for me in safari. but look at the odds...

20 million fans

Twenty million fans bid for Led Zeppelin comeback tickets

LONDON (AFP) - About 20 million fans have tried to get tickets for Led Zeppelin's one-off comeback concert, a spokesman for the gig said Thursday.

The rock legends are reforming for a tribute concert at London's O2 Arena on November 26. The former Millennium Dome venue in Greenwich can hold up to 20,000 people.

The three surviving members of the hard-rocking British band are to play together for the first time in 19 years in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of the Atlantic Records label, who signed the group in 1968.

About 80,000 fans per minute are trying to register for tickets at the www.ahmettribute.com website, said Internet service provider Pipex.

Demand for the 125-pound tickets also crashed the O2 Arena website.

"The message is to be patient. The website will be open until midday on September 17 for anyone wanting to register," said a spokesman for the concert.

"It is not 'first come, first served' and all successful applicants will be entered into the ballot for tickets to be drawn at random."

Led Zeppelin split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham, who famously choked on his own vomit following a drinking binge.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, with Bonham's son Jason on drums, will headline the gig.

The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, rock band Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also play at the tribute from British artists who worked with Istanbul-born Ertegun.

Since Bonham's death, the remaining three have reunited only twice before, to play the 1985 Live Aid concert in Philadelphia and an Atlantic Records anniversary gig in 1988.

Led Zeppelin have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide.

The band were not keen on releasing singles, but their best-known songs include "Stairway to Heaven", "Kashmir", "Whole Lotta Love", "Rock 'n' Roll", "Nobody's Fault but Mine" and "Communication Breakdown".