Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America has GOT to get this financial crisis resolved pronto! I need to refinance my house so I can buy tickets. :dancing

> i may or may not have just shit my pants after reading this.

i'd check if i was you :thumbup

good news, for now i'm safe. although if it really does happen, and i get tickets, i'll probably need a change of pants then.

A certain fellow VCer will be happy to know that we might have a sponsor!!! He said if I ever found myself in front of a computer buying tickets, to get some for him and we would ALL go!!! :dancing

"Surely, they'll play Dallas or something" - MM

If you'd asked me five years ago which would happen first -- Plant touring with Led Zeppelin or Guns N Roses releasing Chinese Democracy -- I probably would have said Plant touring. :lol

Well, that's too bad, but I can't say I blame Plant for not wanting to do it.

Time to get David Coverdale on board.

gotta say. it wouldn't be that bad if they got a good singer. i wouldn't be sitting there biting my tongue as plant tried to hit, or reinterpret old tunes.

as far as the reissues go...are you kidding me!! how many damn times are they gonna release this shit.

The only time they have been released in this country besides the initial cd releases (which were terrible), was the 1993 boxset (and then individually in 1994). I have found the sound of the cds in the boxset to be not so great. It would be nice if they re-mastered them in HDCD - but I bet this is just going to the same versions as the 1993 boxset, only with fancy artwork. It is probably the same package that is available in Japan and the UK.

Looks I am right:

Led Zeppelin Mini-LP Box Set Due Nov. 4

On November 4, Rhino will be issuing a Led Zeppelin box set containing mini-LP replica CDs of all 10 of the band's albums. The limited-edition set will contain the Japanese imports of the replica albums with artwork from the original U.K. LP sleeves.

Suggested retail price for the box will be $199.98.

The mini-LP replicas boxed set includes Led Zeppelin (1969), Led Zeppelin II (1969), Led Zeppelin III (1970), Led Zeppelin IV (1971), Houses of the Holy (1973), Physical Graffiti (1975), Presence (1976), The Song Remains the Same (1976), In Through the Out Door (1979), and Coda (1982).

The sleeves included in the boxed set feature the original LP album artwork released in the U.K., including the original printing of the group

gotta say. it wouldn't be that bad if they got a good singer. i wouldn't be sitting there biting my tongue as plant tried to hit, or reinterpret old tunes.

as far as the reissues go...are you kidding me!! how many damn times are they gonna release this shit.

That was a joke because Plant gave Page so much crap for working with Coverdale and obvious page wannabe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7637372.stm

to add my 2 cents, this is unfair. considering the rest of the band and 99% of the fans want this to go ahead, he is being a dick. the rest of the band during recent interviews, even though in a hesitant way, have admitted they want it to happen. the hestitant tone could be because of a certain dark cloud hanging over them.

if the O2 gig from last year was a complete cock-up (like the live aid and atlantic records reunions), i can understand, but it wasnt. the 4 of them agreed to that. even on the Walking into clarksdale tour, it was planned to come to japan and australia but robert bailed out midway through it to start his Priory of brion thingy. even though i saw them in 96 down here, the following tour was more zep based and didnt have the egyptitan No quarter influence to it.

the way it says he wishes the 3 J's all the success, i bet robert was laughing his arse off when jimmy's coverdale/page project bombed.

dont let the door hit your arse on the way out, percy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7637372.stm

to add my 2 cents, this is unfair. considering the rest of the band and 99% of the fans want this to go ahead, he is being a dick. the rest of the band during recent interviews, even though in a hesitant way, have admitted they want it to happen. the hestitant tone could be because of a certain dark cloud hanging over them.

if the O2 gig from last year was a complete cock-up (like the live aid and atlantic records reunions), i can understand, but it wasnt. the 4 of them agreed to that. even on the Walking into clarksdale tour, it was planned to come to japan and australia but robert bailed out midway through it to start his Priory of brion thingy. even though i saw them in 96 down here, the following tour was more zep based and didnt have the egyptitan No quarter influence to it.

the way it says he wishes the 3 J's all the success, i bet robert was laughing his arse off when jimmy's coverdale/page project bombed.

dont let the door hit your arse on the way out, percy

I think in some ways, like Pink Floyd, they are holding themselves up to some standard - or Robert seems to be anyway. That is, one show, yes, but nothing else. In some ways, it is quite brilliant.

I have never heard the Page/Coverdale album.

The only thing post Zeppelin I ever got into was Robert's first solo album, Pictures at Eleven. I saw him on the Manic Nirvana tour, and I have that cd, signed by him. Come to think of it, I also have the Page/Plant cd and the No Quarter/Unledded dvd.

That was a joke because Plant gave Page so much crap for working with Coverdale and obvious page wannabe

i get the joke...but if they pick a good singer that is not some metal queen, but can make the tunes his own, then it might be killer. jones and page are in top form from the o2 showing. bonham is,well, bonham. lays it down well, but he aint no bonzo. someone mentioned chris cornell. yes! eddie vedder?

I repeat:

Led Zeppelin without John Bonham is not Led Zeppelin (but I'd still go see them).

Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant is pathetic and sad (and I won't waste my money).

If they tour without Plant, I would hope that they use a name other than Led Zeppelin. Call it the Page/Jones Band or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Article Link - Toronto Sun

Now that Robert Plant officially said thanks but no thanks, the idea of a Led Zeppelin tour is no more.

But speculation of Plant rejoining Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham has effortlessly morphed into speculation about who will step in to become the trio's lead singer.

So while dozens of names have been bandied about, there is one which might make so much sense Page and Jones might consider altering Zeppelin song titles to the following: White Mountain Side, White Dog and White Country Woman.

That person is Jack White and for a few good reasons.

Although having wrapped up touring with The Raconteurs this week, there isn't anything confirmed for 2009 that White has committed to, meaning he could be available.

Added to that, White's main group The White Stripes are reportedly working on a new studio album, the follow-up to 2007's Icky Thump. But would they tour behind it?

Well, that's up for debate. The band's trek supporting Icky Thump last year was halted when drummer Meg White began suffering from acute anxiety. She's since been onstage briefly during The Raconteurs show in Detroit last June, but a brief cameo and months on the road are two entirely different things.

Thirdly, White and Page (along with U2's The Edge) worked and performed together in the forthcoming documentary It Might Get Loud. While it was an all too brief jam, the two guitarists seemed to gel immediately, coming basically from the same musical foundation.

Page once said he wanted Zeppelin to be a "marriage of blues, hard rock and acoustic music," something White has been marrying quite successfully for the past decade.

And to those who think it wouldn't work or would be an incredible stretch for White to pull it off, just ask country legend Loretta Lynn. In a move that left many scratching their heads, White produced and performed on Lynn's 2004 critically acclaimed "comeback" album Van Lear Rose which ended up on several year-end lists, including Rolling Stone.

All of these reasons (not to mention White's vocals) would fit quite nicely into the plans of Page, Jones and Bonham.

However, there are other names which deserve attention, some more than others.

They include:

Dave Grohl

The Foo Fighters singer was in tears when Jones and Page recently performed during a Foos show at Wembley Stadium, but Grohl's manic energy is his biggest weakness as much as his biggest strength. After five or six songs, Dave Grohl would become Dave Growl, leaving the distinct possibility for a 95-minute version of No Quarter.

Chris Cornell

Having fronted Soundgarden and Audioslave, Chris Cornell has the pipes to do the job. However, Cornell is reportedly working on a new studio album entitled Scream with Timbaland which is tentatively set for release this November. A solo tour of some sort would most likely be in the works for 2009.

Axl Rose

Rose would make the most sense for the following reason: What better way to delay the reportedly upcoming release of Chinese Democracy for another two years than touring with Page, Jones and Bonham?

Sammy Hagar

Possible, but unfortunately it's no longer 1987, Eddie Van Halen disowned him and Duff McKagan said he'd like Hagar to replace Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver.

Paul Rodgers

He's known for work with Free and Bad Company but Rodgers is on tour with Queen, so that's a no.

Ann Wilson

The singer from Heart (who reportedly has pitched the idea to the band on being the new singer) has a lot of heart and vocal prowess and is known for covering The Battle of Evermore. Yet Wilson wouldn't draw much of a younger demographic the way White would. Nice idea but better left, well, alone.

Myles Kennedy

Powerful, dynamic singer for hard rock band Alter Bridge. Before Plant made the announcement, reports circulated the trio had chosen an American as the vocalist.

David Coverdale

Been there, done that, bought the album but not the T-shirt.

Robert Plant

See the first paragraph. If still unconvinced, seek professional help.

• 3 weeks later...

Frog -

Those dvds will not copy - I keep forgetting to tell you.

Source - Jambands.com

John Paul Jones Comments on Led Zeppelin Reunion

After months of speculation, John Paul Jones has publicly commented on the possibility of a Led Zeppelin reunion. When asked about another Led Zeppelin show during a Q & A session at the Mansons Guitar Show, the bassist said the following:

As you probably know, Jimmy [Page], Jason [bonham] and I are actually rehearsing and we've had the odd singer come in and have a bash. And as soon as we know---which we don't---we will let you know. But, we really hope that something is going to happen soon because we really want to do it and we're having a lot of fun, actually, just rehearsing. Jason is tremendous...he's really taking chances. He is a very brave man