Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archive TV footage of legendary rock artists such as Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix is to be rescued from obselete Super8 and Betamax formats and cleaned up in a new deal between Rockworld.TV and the Infernal Machine music archive.

The Infernal Machine archive boasts unique footage including Beatles appearances on 60s German show Beat Club and Hendrix's two appearances on the Ed Sullivan show.

Aerosmith, The Who and The Grateful Dead also feature in the dense archive collection that Rockworld.TV now have access to the contents of.

The obselete formats will be transfered, remastered and collated into a new Classic Rock series of programming for broadcast on Rockworld.TV set to be ready later this year.

Pete Hadfield, co-founder and Joint CEO of Carnaby Media who own Rockworld.TV has said: "We are getting access to some of the most exciting music footage in existence, a great deal of which has rarely if ever been seen before, which make our broadcast offering even stronger than it is already."

More information about what archive footage will be treated will be available in due course, check back to uncut.co.uk for more information as we get it.

Rockworld.TV currently broadcasts on Sky Channel 368 and online at www.rockworld.TV

Back in the day the USA Network's show "Night Flight" had a few episodes that had special "Best of the Beat Club" bits on it. I managed to tape a few hours of that stuff - it was good good stuff. I didn't get any Zep, but there was a lot of other great bands that played on there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've read that they are probably not going to release the show - in either audio or video form - officially, that is. I snagged this from Tape City - it is very large - both torrents are just over 4 GBs. It looks and sounds pretty good so far. A lot of work went into making it - as you can see below:

Led Zeppelin - 2007 12-10 Four Eyes

4 Camera Source Mix Plus 3 Audio Choices

NTSC 16:9 Widescreen

!!!No Tapers Left Behind - All Known "Original" Sources Are Used!!!

Artwork is included

Video Used:

KatzEye, IanA, Smagin, BBC News

Video Lineage:

Download the 4 videos from Dime > Vegas Synch And Mix > DVD Folder

Audio Used:

5+4 At The O2 DD 5.1, 5+4 At The O2 Stereo, Original KatzEye Stereo

Audio Lineage 5+4 At The O2 DD 5.1:

Download all 9 Original Audio Files > Goldwave convert all stereo .flac into mono .wav > Audition 1.5 Synchronize/Create 6 Mono .wav's > Vegas DD

Audio Lineage 5+4 At The O2 Stereo:

Download all 9 Original Audio Files > Goldwave convert all stereo .flac into mono .wav > Audition 1.5 Synchronize/Mixdown

Audio Lineage Original KatzEye:

From KatzEye DVD

The 5+4 At The O2 Stereo Mix has been on Dime since Feb 17th and Tapecity the following day, and there is a DTS audio version at both Yeeshkul and Tapecity.

Please read the thread about the Stereo mix at Dime, (located here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...#startcomments ) lots of questions about the "panning", or "image shifting". It is in the 5+4 At The O2 Stereo and DD 5.1 files here also. There was some negative feedback about it before anybody finished the download, but after the person got to 100%, nothing but good things said. Thanks to all that left positive comments.

Huge THANKS go out to ALL the tapers, everyone did a spectacular job. Every "original" source has a spot in this mix.

Only 9 "Original" audio sources available, Futura's list has 19 entries. 4 are matrixes (did not want to use a matrix to make a matrix), 4 are duplicates (mastering of same source), and 2 are unavailable, leaving 9 "Original" sources. The 5+4 At The O2 (both DD 5.1 and Stereo) have 5 sources straight thru, and 4 "cameo" appearances. Front Left is Per Schoeps Mk41 "Remastered", Front Right is Clay AT 831 HRTF "Mastered" Version, Rear Left is Third Eye Audio Source (Marantz PDM660 & Neumann KM184's),Rear Right is JCE Cardoid SP-CMC-20 "We Did It", Center is Wendy Label "Legendary Reunion 2007". First 15 seconds of the show is 100% Wendy, then Per takes 20 sec to fade in. At 25 seconds into the show, Clay takes 20 sec to fade in. At 35 seconds, Third Eye takes 20 sec to fade in, and at 45 seconds, JCE takes 20 sec to fade in. At 65 seconds into the show, all 5 sources are separate. (Turn it up and listen how over the first 65 seconds the sound changes) ~ Cameo A - Slowburn DPA 4061 {{Opening Drums D1T2, only 17 seconds, but my favorite part of the whole show, the first sound heard on Dec 11 was this from Slowburn!! Front And Rear Channels}} Cameo B - Storm London {{First Minute D1T3 Rear Channels Only}} Cameo C - Tarantura For Your Life {{First Minute D1T4 Rear Channels Only}} Cameo D - Maia Sony ECM-719 {{First Minute D1T5 Rear Channels Only}}

This is my first attempt at Video Editing, other than recording a few TV shows and making a basic menu. KoolKat is a God, this is different than his version, not necessarily better, just different. This is a 4 cam multitrack edit, with 1 second dissolve between edits, no curtains or page rolls, simple 1 sec blends. My edits start at 3:24 of disc 1, any edits before that are KK's, any after that are mine. The BBC News clip is just 1 minute long, starting at 11:20 on disc 1. The 3rdEye/KatzEye video is superior in quality to IanA and Smagin, but there is a giant screen behind the band, and that is where IanA/Smagin really shine. They catch a good view of the whole show including the backdrop. But beware........The backdrop is a few frames behind real time. The video is NOT out of synch, lots of places you can see both the "live" and the "backdrop" at the same time, and they do not match. Good examples are D1 @ 16:55, D2 @ 2:45 and 7:40. These examples are entirely on the KatzEye Video, if you have already downloaded that video, you can go look at it, the Video IS in synch, only the backdrop may fool you.

A couple of funny things I hadn't noticed until I started editing this, on D1 @ 6:13 Jason hits his head with the drum sticks, and on D2 @ 48:50 Jimmy gets kicked in the butt by Robert, it is much more evident on the KatzEye video, I have IanA's view here. There is more, but those were 2 funny things I wrote down while editing. (Update - I put the the KatzEye view of the kick in the ass back in disc 2, so md5s for disc 2 have changed since I put them in with disc 1)

Disc 1:

01. Tampa 1973 Newsreel 1:27

02. Good Times Bad Times 3:08

03. Ramble On 5:43

04. Black Dog 6:05

05. In My Time Of Dying 12:04

06. For Your Life 6:02

07. Trampled Under Foot 6:59

08. Nobody's Fault But Mine 7:11

09. No Quarter 9:49

Total: 59:32

Disc 2:

01. Since I've Been Loving You 8:43

02. Dazed And Confused 12:13

03. Stairway To Heaven 8:43

04. The Song Remains The Same 6:43

05. Misty Mountain Hop 6:09

06. Kashmir 10:12

07. Whole Lotta Love 8:45

08. Rock And Roll 5:29

Total: 67:01

• 3 months later...

mini Bonham has some promising news for us!

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=10619

New Led Zeppelin On The Way? Jason Bonham Hints At 'Jam' Sessions With Jimmy Page -- But Not Robert Plant

Drummer admits he doesn't know what will come of 'new material.'

By Chris Harris

On Friday morning, mere hours before he was due to take the stage with classic rockers Foreigner at Detroit's GM Renaissance Center, drummer Jason Bonham - the son of late Led Zeppelin kitman John Bonham - told Jim Johnson and Lynne Woodison of local rock station 94.7 WCSX that he'd be an ex-member of Foreigner as of September 1. But that's not the only thing he said.

Much to the delight of Led Zeppelin fans everywhere, Bonham revealed that he's been meeting up with Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones in recent months and that they've been "trying to do some new material and writing."

It was the first time since Led Zeppelin announced they would re-form for a single performance (which happened late last year at London's O2 Arena, in honor of the late Ahmet Erteg

Yeah, I heard about this on the radio tonight. It might be wishful thinking, but who knows?