Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was an incredible show from all the footage, audio, and reports. Set list was just so-so from my perspective - I'd especially like to have seen No Quarter replaced with perhaps Over the Hills and Far Away and Out on the Tiles. Bonham had a role in that one - "Out on the Tiles" is a song by English rock band Led Zeppelin, from the 1970 album Led Zeppelin III. It was born out of a little ditty that Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham used to sing when the band was going out to play. It goes "I've had a pint of bitter and now I'm feeling better and I'm out on the tiles. We're going down the rubbers and we're going to pull some scrubbers because we're out on the tiles." Guitarist Jimmy Page turned the tune into a riff that the song was based around, though Bonham's lyrics were replaced with something a little more tame for general audiences." [Wikipedia] Plus, it was rarely played live. Many fans do know that live its riff is used as an intro to Black Dog, which would make it even cooler live - people would hear the riff, get pumped for Black Dog, and then get the full on pleasure of Out On The Tiles. Pitch might be too high for RP though.

I'm really torn about them touring. I loved their resolve to not cash in like almost every other artist of their generation has. And, I want them out there only if they sound great. Which . . . they do. What I'd love to see is 1) limited tour (30 or so shows, and not just in North America); 2) venues chosen for a happy medium of size and acoustics (e.g. if there's a 60K seat dome in, I don't know, Tulsa or somewhere that has better acoustics than a dome the same size in Dallas, then do the show in Tulsa. It'll sell out); 3) ticket prices that are not CSNY or Eagles level (e.g. frickin' ridiculous); 4) some type of system to keep the majority of tickets in fans' hands (not resellers), including the opportunity for the most rabid fans to actually . . . you know, line up? Stand outside for a day or two with like fans so the best seats (or a good portion of the best seats) go to them; 5) an ever-changing set-list. Set the expectation up-front that not every concert has "Stairway." In its place, maybe a Ten Years Gone. (Every show does get In My Time of Dying, though!)

OK, lofty hopes, sure. But when they set the bar so high . . .

i really think page stepped up to this. i mean, he has really practiced and after a broken finger? he is just hitting all the notes and not being sloppy at all. better than the 70s. plant sounds great and i am glad everything was basically tuned down a whole step for plant. everything was just played so well and the lower keys just gave it nice sludgy feel.

craig

I think The Who/The Rolling Stones/Led Zeppelin should all do a tour together and then call it a day.

If Charlie Watts played drums for all three acts, that might just work.

John Paul Jones could take on bass duties for The Who, and maybe the Stones too. Maybe Townshend could play a little rhythm guitar for Led Zeppelin (or Jimmy could help Pete out a bit?).

Yeah, I'd probably go see that.

Speaking of big bands - I wonder how many years before AC/DC comes back. I was never much into them - but with all the re-union tours and whatnot, I am surprised they have not made a new album or toured.

From Wikipedia:

As of January 2006, AC/DC are working on a new studio album. According to Malcolm Young, "The band are currently writing and recording material for the eagerly anticipated next album, but no release date has been set." In a 2004 interview, Brian Johnson revealed that, for the first time since the 1988 album Blow Up Your Video, he will be handling lyrics. He also said that Angus Young has written harder riffs than those on Stiff Upper Lip. In a 2005 interview, Johnson confirmed that the band does not know when the album will be recorded, or who will produce it. Malcolm Young has said that the new album has "gotta be perfect".

There's probably no truth to the rumour that the new album will be called Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy is the name of the upcoming[1] sixth studio album by Guns N' Roses. When released, it will be the band's first album of original studio material since the simultaneous release of Use Your Illusion I and II in September 1991. According to a 2007 interview with Sebastian Bach, it will be the first of a trilogy of new albums.[2]

Pete says no - I actually asked him that very question once in an email. He says JP only played rhythm. I have read various accounts of that over the years.

I could make up a title/tracklisting for a new AC/DC album in my sleep.

Like:

AC/DC - Hard Target

6s & 7s

Hell To Pay

Follow You Down

Sex Fuck

Ball & Chain

Teresa's Dog

Don't Need No Guide

Swallow The Cure

etc.

That's pretty dang good.

Don't get too excited by a report in a tabloid. All it says is that promoters "expect" the band to announce dates and that they're "falling over themselves" to get the band to tour. From what I hear, the band hasn't agreed to anything yet and no venues have been booked. Plant in particular is very reluctant, and he has actually booked venues with Alison Krauss for a spring/summer '08 tour (including Bonnaroo).