Which show do I go to...

I have a problem...

Wilco and The National are both coming to Dallas September 14th. Wilco is playing at The Palladium Ballroom and The National are playing at the Granada. I'm going to see both 2 days later at ACL, but which show should I go to Friday. I'd really like to see The National in a non festival environment, but I don't know if I could skip a Wilco show. What are your suggestions...

While I really dig The National ("The Boxer" especially), I'd have to go with Wilco. With the current line-up, seeing Wilco live is truly an amazing thing to behold these days. Seeing them at the Ryman last year was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life. I can't imagine that the National are as essentially a live band in the way that a band like Wilco or the Hold Steady are, but admittedly, I haven't seen them. I could be wrong.

Also, the previous poster indicated that Wilco's playing songs from "Sky Blue Sky" would be some sort of drawback, but even if you're SBS-hater, the songs really take on new life when played live.

I truly believe that the boys from Wilco are currently playing at the top of their game right now. There's probably not a better live rock show out there right now on the road, and I've seen 'em twice this year.

That said, considering the circumstances, I'd go w/the National.

I have a problem...

Wilco and The National are both coming to Dallas September 14th. Wilco is playing at The Palladium Ballroom and The National are playing at the Granada. I'm going to see both 2 days later at ACL, but which show should I go to Friday. I'd really like to see The National in a non festival environment, but I don't know if I could skip a Wilco show. What are your suggestions...

Wilco, always choose Wilco.

Nels Cline plays in Wilco. I assume you don't need me to say anything else?

I have seen both the national and wilco this year. I would see wilco on their own and check out the national at the festival.

Definitely go see The National. I'm sure Wilco will be back about 2-3 times during the next year and a half promoting this album and presumably playing the same setlist (ducks).

Plus, there's a greater chance that the Wilco show will be available for download than The National show.

Same problem for me. I've been waiting for The National to come down here for a while, but I've really been looking forward to seeing Wilco on this tour. Plus, I don't have ACL to fall back on.

In situations like these, I just go with my favorite band (or more favorite of the two). This means Wilco for me.

Definitely go see The National. I'm sure Wilco will be back about 2-3 times during the next year and a half promoting this album and presumably playing the same setlist (ducks).

Plus, there's a greater chance that the Wilco show will be available for download than The National show.

Don't worry about it, the show you miss by Wilco will be the same next time they come around as they do not vary on a particuler tour, you may not get to see the National again this tour so go with them.

That's a tough call...probably my 2 favorite bands at the moment. I'd probably go with The National if you've already seen Wilco. But I've never seen The National live so I don't know if they can top how great Wilco is live right now. Maybe you can talk the bands into just doing the show together.

While I really dig The National ("The Boxer" especially), I'd have to go with Wilco. With the current line-up, seeing Wilco live is truly an amazing thing to behold these days. Seeing them at the Ryman last year was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life. I can't imagine that the National are as essentially a live band in the way that a band like Wilco or the Hold Steady are, but admittedly, I haven't seen them. I could be wrong.

Also, the previous poster indicated that Wilco's playing songs from "Sky Blue Sky" would be some sort of drawback, but even if you're SBS-hater, the songs really take on new life when played live.

I completely agree with this poster! Go with our beloved Wilco.

Well I finally made my decision when it came down to the wire this morning for the Dallas presale. I went with Wilco, even though I already had tickets for The National and I really wanted to see them, it just didn't feel right not going to Wilco. I'll get to catch them Sunday anyways.