• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard about whether there will be a second season? This site says no, but I have no idea how trustworthy the information is.

From the article:

That it's the most confusing show in television history can't have helped.

Are people really this stupid that they cannot understand what this show is about, or the like? Hoopleheads.

I love this show but it has been very anemic for several weeks now. I keep waiting for something big to happen and it never really materializes. And after last night's show they said that the season finally was next week, I was shocked because it is only 11 episodes instead of 12. HBO is a bittersweet experience.

All was not revealed. I think making a series like this should be like a good book. It should be succinct and worth the effort. This has all of the potential to be that but I feel like we are being strung along for the subscription. Subscription Art.

I loved the opening scene, with the Dylan song (Series of Dreams). That part where they break through the clouds and you see the water, then John and Shaunie flying across the waves....perfect.

Also at the end when Zippy comes back....gave me some goosebumps.

I hope they keep this show but sadly I believe they won't.

all we got was john's logo appearing as a corporate logo. fucking weak!!

QFT.

I watched the show with the anticipation of it all unraveling. Not so much. Still left me confused. I figure I should watch it again and try to put some of the pieces together, but I'd rather not.

Why is the dad elevating? What do the 2 mobster guys have to do with anything? Where did the doctor go? What really happens when Meadow walks through the door?

your guess is as good as mine.

I didn't mind the open book left in the Sopranos, but this many open books and questions left unanswered is mentally frustrating. I really feel like I missed something. Do I need a decoder ring? Should I go back to school and get a doctorate in religious studies?

I didn't mind the open book left in the Sopranos, but this many open books and questions left unanswered is mentally frustrating. I really feel like I missed something. Do I need a decoder ring? Should I go back to school and get a doctorate in religious studies?
yes, you should do all of those things. but also, check out the HBO website and look at the episodes, community, etc. it has been quite helpful. I totally missed the Dr. Smith thing until I read it on the boards. I'm going to watch the last show again. as crazy as the whole thing was, I really liked it. but I like weird stuff.
i watched all the older episodes to get completely caught up and i still don't know what is going on, and frankly nor do i really care. I think i could use all those hours of my life back.
you just aren't......
yes, you should do all of those things. but also, check out the HBO website and look at the episodes, community, etc. it has been quite helpful. I totally missed the Dr. Smith thing until I read it on the boards. I'm going to watch the last show again. as crazy as the whole thing was, I really liked it. but I like weird stuff.you just aren't......

Exactly....I have to watch at least twice before I pick up on everything.

You notice when John ripped off the paint on the shufflrboard court the numbers in the boxes read out 9-11-14?

Hmmmmmmm "not every towel head is erradicated"

Lots of little things to notice. I love the friggin' show I know at lot of people don't but I have found myself looking forward to seeing it every Sunday, now it's gone.... :ohwell