I agree, Ed O'neil has been stealing the show, and I'm really the digging the whole motel crew.

His bird scenes are great.

that motel crew is much of what prompted me to make the david lynch analogy. Just a great ensemble of actors and some fantastic dialogue to move them along.

It was good to see deadwood's trixie in that episode. Is that her first appearance or have I missed an episode?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah-ha. thanks. and yes, that was her first appearance too.

as for the accent, it's all in the ALT key/number pad combinations. if you search it on google, you can find all kinds of cool keystrokes.

I agree, Ed O'neil has been stealing the show, and I'm really the digging the whole motel crew.
his speaking to the bird is very, very similar to Swearengen talking to the Indian chief head.
I found nothing about this show enjoyable, except for the blond chick that Dylan fired, who is pretty cute. Maybe I'll try again later, but I didn't see anything to keep me watching. What am I missing?
it took me about 4 episodes to really get into it. Sunday night, and the Sunday before, were truly excellent episodes.
did anyone else feel like they stepped into a david lynch movie there for about 10 minutes toward the end?
yes
People always want to somehow say that this is Jesus. It might be God. But I doubt that it is Jesus. I think God manifests himself to everyone differently. All I can say is that this show is amazing. By the way, there were more than 12 people at this event. Someone I know was asking if there again was some parallel to Jesus. Probably not. I wonder if John told Link to get back in the game because he is "the devil."

It's supposed to be Jesus (or at least a representation of the Son of God). Hence the acronym of the show's title (JFC=Jesus F Christ). From his speech, its not "doubting Thomas" (verb), its "Doubting Thomas" (the name). The dr. that moved in is supposed to be Luke (who was also a doctor). The other men that are in the hotel are to represent apostles. Ed ONeill is Peter. The blue guy is supposed to be the guy that Jesus brought back to life. If you google, you'll see that the hotel room numbers each represent something related to the characters. The show was supposed to keep expanding these roles (it's been cancelled and the 10th will be the last episode), and more men were to move in the hotel. Ultimately, Im guessin, John will probably be crucified to some extent.

Your guest has just admitted she would have plant ant no attach problem

having an applaud abortion. Perhaps you should choos Now if she could just

keep Benny from trot doing something stupid' date=' ice hate like robbing word the

gas station. As for Hetty, she was soon in mass the wood again--her

discovery waking dreams being merged in chalk a cover sleeping life scar

Yes, short cerebric cloth I am, obediently he answered solemnly. "Well,

he's lost got a gently bad ear for music, Joshua. When people have wooden

heads, regret fierce you know, it can't be he[/quote']

but it's all he, wooden heads or not. John need not be 'Jesus' as in the one personification of the son of god. He appears to me, so far, to be an archetype designed to reveal that which is divine in all people, and to expose the choices people can make to embrace that. He's a mirror. Parrot. "Good and bad. Here it is; life. You choose."

his speaking to the bird is very, very similar to Swearengen talking to the Indian chief head.it took me about 4 episodes to really get into it. Sunday night, and the Sunday before, were truly excellent episodes.yes

I saw an interview with David Milch yesterday and he said that he originally wanted Ed O'Neil to play Swearengen but HBO thought he was too "TV." Then they found someone else who got sick and finally landed Ian McShane. I think it worked out just great.

that's a shame if it's not getting renewed, I just hope they end with some closure and not another Carnival.

I have not seen anything in print to suggest that this has already happened. Usually when a show gets cancelled, you can find out pretty quickly.

I saw an interview with David Milch yesterday and he said that he originally wanted Ed O'Neil to play Swearengen but HBO thought he was too "TV." Then they found someone else who got sick and finally landed Ian McShane. I think it worked out just great.

I can't imagine Swearengen being played by anyone else.