What Will We Learn During/From Tonight's Debate?

"I will willingly work with congress."

"blah blah no special interests blah."

"I will have a colonoscopy every year; not every 2 or 3 years."

"If elected, my first action will be to call that asshole Billy Carpenter and totally ask him what he's doing - which I know will be taking pizza orders, because Jim Shaugnessy told me he's doing that now, I even have the phone number already - and I'm gonna madly make fun of him and rub it in his fucking face that I grew up to be President!!"

"I will change social security, healthcare and the education system"

"We must stop the war in Iraq"

"I was told there would be no details required"

Well done AP, well done. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

right now they're concerned most with "electability", not issues. they don't stand anywhere yet, except "against the president" and "in favor of the soldiers but not the war (anymore, where appropriate)". john edwards is standing in two americas. clinton and obama are standing on the threshold of being the "first" in history. kucinich is standing near a windmill with a lance in his hand (but i'm voting for him). mike gravel is his sancho panza.

and the republican debates have shown that they all oppose terrorism, abortion and "liberal political correctness". rudy said he's against government being involved with abortion, but neither said choice nor pro-life.