Pearl Jam at the Vic Theatre (8/2)

PJ TO PLAY VIC THEATRE!

Pearl Jam will play a pre-Lollapalooza warm-up show on August 2nd at Chicago's historic Vic Theatre. A special Ten Club sale will begin Thursday, July 26th at 11 A.M. Pacific time.

• Must be an active Ten Club member as of July 20th.
  • Must be 18 or over. This is not an all-ages event.
  • IDs will be checked at the venue for you and your guest.
  • Tickets are available ONLY in pairs.
  • One pair per member.
  • Tickets will be $150 per pair plus appilcable fees.
  • All sales final. No transfers, no refunds.
  • Ten Club member must be present to collect the tickets on day of the show.
  • Tickets will be available here beginning Thursday July 26th at 11 A.M. Pacific time.
  • Tickets are first come/first serve, while supplies last.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't waste a hundred and fifty clams on that band. There should be mandatory retirement for groups like Pearl Jam! :lol

(they really should've retired on the day Nirvana released Nevermind, I thought everyone knew that...)

Don't waste a hundred and fifty clams on that band. There should be mandatory retirement for groups like Pearl Jam! :lol

(they really should've retired on the day Nirvana released Nevermind, I thought everyone knew that...)

it's $75 a ticket, in case you didn't notice...

which yes is still about $25 more than they usually charge. not sure if it's a benefit yet or not, or just more cuz it's a small club/theater.

and Pearl Jam live > Nirvana live, no contest....

I can't speak for Pearl Jam vs. Nirvana live, but I've seen PJ live a couple of times, and they are fantastic.

And if they'd retired when Nirvana released Nevermind, then they would have called it quits after releasing only one album, which happens to in the bottom tier of their releases. That's just silly.

I'd take Pearl Jam over Nirvana anyday.

Solace speaks the truth.

Pearl Jam are incredible live band. Even most people who don't really care for them can't deny that after seeing them live.

Nirvana? Give me a break. Most overrated band ever....

If I never heard another Nirvana song for the rest of my life I could care less.

Now the Pixies? THAT'S a great band.

This would be nice, I knew I shouldn't have let my 10 club membership expire. :punch I think the $25/ticket extra is well worth it to see them at the Vic instead of a stadium. At least I'll get to watch them and the Jacket while I sweat the balls off at Lolla.

My son is a HUGE fan. I took him to see his first PJ show in '03 & I was mightily impressed, both by the band & the fans as well. Everyone there was exactly where they wanted to be.

My son is a HUGE fan. I took him to see his first PJ show in '03 & I was mightily impressed, both by the band & the fans as well. Everyone there was exactly where they wanted to be.

That is the year I saw them - did you get the cds of the show?

That is the year I saw them - did you get the cds of the show?

Unfortunately no. :ohwell

I remember there was an "Interstellar Overdrive" tease that completely threw me for a loop! Chris may have them...he's got a shitload of PJ live recordings (I wonder where he got that idea from :stunned ).

I was young and in college when both of these bands came out. Nevermind was a great cd, as far as live goes, I have seen them both PJ multiple times(only because Kurt is dead) and the only time I have heard Nirvana sound decent was on Unplugged. PJ can really deliver a blow live, great set list every night and lots of energy. No comarrison PJ by far. Cobain was always way too fucked up to be good night after night.

If you're going to continue to rip on this band, do it in another thread labeled "Pearl Jam hate" or something. You obviously have less than nothing to contribute.

These tickets sure are $25 higher than normal Pearl Jam tickets.

They'd better be playing something like Crown Of Thorns or Dead Man full band.

If you're going to continue to rip on this band, do it in another thread labeled "Pearl Jam hate" or something. You obviously have less than nothing to contribute.

These tickets sure are $25 higher than normal Pearl Jam tickets.

They'd better be playing something like Crown Of Thorns or Dead Man full band.

I'd pay $75 just hear something like All Those Yesterdays, No Way, or Who You Are.

True story.