New Wes Anderson Film: The Darjeeling Limited

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...don't...know. There, I said it. I mean, I really like Life Aquatic, but it was a wee bit precious (as was Royal Tenenbaums, but that damn movie is so lovable), and I feel like I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. This one looks like I'm going to have to be in a mood for it, too. I don't know, I guess part of me is like BOTTLE ROCKET! WAS PERFECT! AND IT WASN'T! ART DIRECTED! TO DEATH! Phew, glad to get that off my chest. You know though? I feel like Rushmore had the perfect balance between umm...twee and...ass-kicking. Or something.

But, I'll go see this asap. Adrian Fucking Brody. And I dig Schwartzman's 'stache. He'll finally not be Max Fisher playing another character, I think.

Bottom line though...where the fuck is Luke?

BOTTLE ROCKET! WAS PERFECT! AND IT WASN'T! ART DIRECTED! TO DEATH!

i definitely see what you are saying here and agree to a certain extent but i really love all the artwork and fonts and stuff like that have come to be one of anderson's trademarks. this art on this one seems to be especially cool.

i loved bottle rocket. i liked rushmore. i loved tenenbaums. there were likeable parts to life aquatic, although i didn't really like the whole package as much.

i do enjoy anderson's work and am excited he's finishing a new project.

anybody ever catch the 8-minute black and white "bottle rocket?" pretty funny. you can prolly dredge it up sommers.

i liked bottle rocket and most of rushmore. i don't like anderson's films, but this one looks better/more promising. i dunno about brody here though - it looks like he's playing the role of luke wilson. weak.

I...don't...know. There, I said it. I mean, I really like Life Aquatic, but it was a wee bit precious (as was Royal Tenenbaums, but that damn movie is so lovable), and I feel like I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. This one looks like I'm going to have to be in a mood for it, too. I don't know, I guess part of me is like BOTTLE ROCKET! WAS PERFECT! AND IT WASN'T! ART DIRECTED! TO DEATH! Phew, glad to get that off my chest. You know though? I feel like Rushmore had the perfect balance between umm...twee and...ass-kicking. Or something.

But, I'll go see this asap. Adrian Fucking Brody. And I dig Schwartzman's 'stache. He'll finally not be Max Fisher playing another character, I think.

Bottom line though...where the fuck is Luke?

I agree that Anderson really pushes the quirk-o-meter to its absolute limit, but I find that drinking a pint or so of anti-freeze in the theater parking lot puts me in just the right frame of mind for his films.

anybody ever catch the 8-minute black and white "bottle rocket?" pretty funny. you can prolly dredge it up sommers.

I go to UT-Arlington for film and the guy who did the sound for the 8 minute short came and talked to our sound and post class. Pretty cool, it was almost shot for shot if I remember right...

"Wed" Anderson? :unsure

Doh! Double typo as well... it's corrected now.

I'm a little worried that Wes is getting a bit stuck, his style and approach to film making has become a little too familiar... I'd prefer it if he tried something different now. But we'll see.

great music! let's hope it's all kinks songs. i can't wait for him to finish fantastic mr fox, that's always been one of my favourite roald dahl books as a child.

wes anderson is making a movie out of fantastic mr fox? that is awesome...any word on a release?

wes anderson is making a movie out of fantastic mr fox? that is awesome...any word on a release?

yeah, on imdb it says it's in pre-production for 2009 release. but, i thought it was his next film, and then this got made instead, so who knows when it'll come out or be made. here's the link it's going to be stop-motion.

yeah, on imdb it says it's in pre-production for 2009 release. but, i thought it was his next film, and then this got made instead, so who knows when it'll come out or be made. here's the link it's going to be stop-motion.

great news...i love me some roald dahl...according to IMDB george clooney will be doing the voice of mr. fox...hmmm

Now THAT'S what I'm on about! That'll be a bit different... nice. Fantastic Mr. Fox is a very good book...