Did he have any older siblings? I read the book a few years ago, but have forgotten the details. As someone with older sisters, though, I do know that can dramatically affect your taste in (and awareness of) music. Not necessarily in a good way. My sisters were way into heavy metal.

I just finished up my "read in 2008" tallies. It turns out I read a lot of books - even though I know that for at least a solid month I didn't pick up any reading material. How many books do people usually read in a year?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read 24 last year (I know this only because I kept track). I felt like I got sort of lazy about reading during some parts of last year, though, so I'm aiming for 50 this year. I also want to try to use our local library more, since we've got a good one and I never take the time to go.

Speaking of the 33 1/3 series, did anybody else submit a proposal this time around? I have no idea if I have a chance, but I figured I'd go ahead and write a proposal anyway.

I read a lot less for fun when I'm in school. According to my GoodReads account I read 10 for fun and 10 for school. Then there's the hundreds of pages of articles I read. Still, pretty pathetic. I took one class this Fall semester. That's no excuse for how little I read the first eight months of the year.

Just ordered my books for class last night (taking two this semester.) There's 17 of them. That means I'd better hurry and finish what I'm now reading, because it won't get touched until May once the semester starts:

omnivoresdilemma.jpg