i didn't even know she had kids...

she had a miscarriage or two a while ago i believe but finally had a kid in the last few years

her first 3-4 records are fantastic. she lost me a bit after that, but this new one is a bit more rockin' and less moody

The inevitable Toris Amos video was one of the worst parts of watching 120 Minutes.

Yeah. If I want to listen to a Kate Bush album, I'll go listen to a Kate Bush album.

Into the Pink is one of my favorite albums. The rest of her stuff... not as much. We always end up getting her "new" album when it comes out and always end up asking "why?"

I really should pull that album out later.

"Under the Pink," right?

That one's pretty good, but it was a bit disappointing to me after Little Earthquakes. Nothing of hers has hooked me ever since, but I continue to respect what she does and there've been some good songs here and there.

I had the fortune of seeing Tori on her 2005 Beekeeper tour in Boston and it was one of the great pleasures of my life. 2 hours of solo music including many of my favorite songs of hers (Winter, Playboy Mommy, Pretty Good Year, Caught a Lite Sneeze, an amazing cover of Dream On). In my opinion her first 4 albums are incredible (Under the Pink and Boys for Pele being my favorites), Venus and Back isnt really my bag, and Scarlet's Walk was a little too adult contemp, but has some INCREDIBLE moments such as I Can't See New York and Your Cloud . However, Beekeeper and American Doll Posse have about 12 good songs between them... certainly not both worth their exhausting lengths. It's just very difficult to watch her slowly drift into musical insanity

"Under the Pink," right?

That one's pretty good, but it was a bit disappointing to me after Little Earthquakes. Nothing of hers has hooked me ever since, but I continue to respect what she does and there've been some good songs here and there.

Under the pink is good, but into the pink is better, always.