New UK dates

Well our friends overseas are going to be able to see the greatness that is Wilco again in November!

NOV-02 MANCHESTER, UK ACADEMY

NOV-03 NEWCASTLE, UK ACADEMY

NOV-04 BIRMINGHAM, UK ACADEMY

NOV-05 LONDON, UK BRIXTON ACADEMY

NOV-06 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM CIRQUE ROYAL

NOV-08 BARCELONA, SPAIN RAZZMATAZZ

NOV-09 MADRID, SPAIN RIVIERA

NOV-11 BILBAO, SPAIN EUSKALDUNA

NOV-14 DUBLIN, IRELAND VICAR STREET

NOV-15 DUBLIN, IRELAND VICAR STREET

Damnit! No Germany or Netherlands? :(

Exactly my thoughts :no

Crap, we'll have to make it Brussels then. Flights to the UK are completely out of reach for us at the moment :( Will you consider Brussels too, Marijn?

Edit: It's a Tuesday, so chances of going might be really low. Gonna get tickets anyway though just in case.

I have to say I'm completely chuffed they've added Newcastle - I've just bought a pair of tickets - it's an easy trip for us in the south of Scotland. This means we'll have seen them SEVEN times this year once the last Dublin gig is done. I was really tempted by the Brussels gig also as we saw Calexico with Iron and Wine there last year - the Cirque is a great venue with a really good vibe, but midweek is no use to us either.

Will this tour ever end? (HOPE NOT - but I've run out of money and holiday time!!!)

Will this tour ever end? (HOPE NOT - but I've run out of money and holiday time!!!)

Good question indeed.

Well, I checked on Wilcobase and here are the statistics for the Ghost Is Born and Sky Blue Sky tours so far :

Ghost Is Born tour : May 19 2004 --> November 25 2006 = 30 months

Sky Blue Sky tour (so far) : April 16 2007 --> November 15 = 7 months

Personnaly I'd vote for a shorter tour this time and a new album out next year.

Samuel

They seem to like Spain ...

Bounder: Anyway, about the holiday...

Smoketoomuch: Well, yes, I've been on package tours many times, so your advert really bought my eye.

Bounder: Ah good.

Smoketoomuch: Yes, you're quite right, I'm fed up with being treated like a sheep, I mean what's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted round in buses, surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry...

Bounder: Absolutel..

Smoketoomuch: ...in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their 'Sunday Mirrors', complaining about the tea, 'Oh they don't make it properly here do they not like at home' stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg...

Bounder: Yes.

Smoketoomuch: ...and sitting in their cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh...

Smoketoomuch: ...cos they 'overdid it on the first day'! And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and Bellevueses and Bontinentals...

Bounder: Yes, yes...

Smoketoomuch: ...with their modern international luxury roomettes and draft Red Barrel and swimmingpools...

Smoketoomuch: ...full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats, forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging in the queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup,...

Bounder: Shut up.

Smoketoomuch: ...the first item on the menu of International Cuisine,...

Bounder: Shut up, please!

Smoketoomuch: ...and every Thursday night the hotel is a bloody cabaret in the bar featuring a tiny emaciated dago...

Bounder: Please, will you shut up.

Smoketoomuch: ...with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair Brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners.

Bounder: Shut up!

Smoketoomuch: And adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy...

Bounder: Please..

Smoketoomuch: ...bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel,...

Bounder: ..shut up!

Smoketoomuch: ...and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman ruins to buy cherryade and melted ice cream...

Bounder: I can't bear it!

Smoketoomuch: ...and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel, and one evening you visit the so-called typical restaurant with local colour...

Bounder: Shaddap!

Smoketoomuch: ...and atmosphere and you sit next to a party of people from Rhyl who keeps singing 'Torremolinos, Torremolinos', and complaining about the food, 'It's so greasy here isn't it!' and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic and Dr Scholl sandals and Tuesday's 'Daily Express' and he drones on and on and on about how Mr Smith should be running this country and how many...

Bounder: Stop it, please.

Smoketoomuch: ...languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up all over the Cuba Libres.

Bounder: Will you be quiet please.

Smoketoomuch: And sending tinted postcards of places they don't realise they haven't even visited, 'to all...

Bounder: Shut up

Smoketoomuch: ...at number 22, weather wonderful...

Bounder: PLEASE, SHUT UP!

Smoketoomuch: ...our room is marked with an "X". Food very greasy but we found a charming...

Bounder: Take it off! TAKE IT OFF!

Smoketoomuch: ...little place hidden away in the back streets, where they serve Watney's Red Barrel and cheese and onion...

Bounder: For God's sake, take it off. TAKE IT OFF!!!

Smoketoomuch: ...crisps and the accordionist plays "Maybe its because I'm a Londoner"'...

I imagine the last 2 shows in Dublin could be rather good!

Money and time restrictions means I'll have to make do with the one show in Brixton. Having already seeen them a couple of times at the Shepherd's Bush Empire this year (the second night was one of the best shows I've seen by anyone), I feel rather lucky.....

They seem to like Spain ...

Bounder: Anyway, about the holiday...

Smoketoomuch: Well, yes, I've been on package tours many times, so your advert really bought my eye.

Bounder: Ah good.

Smoketoomuch: Yes, you're quite right, I'm fed up with being treated like a sheep, I mean what's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted round in buses, surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry...

Bounder: Absolutel..

Smoketoomuch: ...in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their 'Sunday Mirrors', complaining about the tea, 'Oh they don't make it properly here do they not like at home' stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg...

Smoketoomuch: ...and sitting in their cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh...

Smoketoomuch: ...cos they 'overdid it on the first day'! And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and Bellevueses and Bontinentals...

Bounder: Yes, yes...

Smoketoomuch: ...with their modern international luxury roomettes and draft Red Barrel and swimmingpools...

Smoketoomuch: ...full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats, forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging in the queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup,...

Bounder: Shut up.

Smoketoomuch: ...the first item on the menu of International Cuisine,...

Bounder: Shut up, please!

Smoketoomuch: ...and every Thursday night the hotel is a bloody cabaret in the bar featuring a tiny emaciated dago...

Bounder: Please, will you shut up.

Smoketoomuch: ...with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair Brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners.

Bounder: Shut up!

Smoketoomuch: And adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy...

Bounder: Please..

Smoketoomuch: ...bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel,...

Bounder: ..shut up!

Smoketoomuch: ...and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman ruins to buy cherryade and melted ice cream...

Bounder: I can't bear it!

Smoketoomuch: ...and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel, and one evening you visit the so-called typical restaurant with local colour...

Bounder: Shaddap!

Smoketoomuch: ...and atmosphere and you sit next to a party of people from Rhyl who keeps singing 'Torremolinos, Torremolinos', and complaining about the food, 'It's so greasy here isn't it!' and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic and Dr Scholl sandals and Tuesday's 'Daily Express' and he drones on and on and on about how Mr Smith should be running this country and how many...

Bounder: Stop it, please.

Smoketoomuch: ...languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up all over the Cuba Libres.

Bounder: Will you be quiet please.

Smoketoomuch: And sending tinted postcards of places they don't realise they haven't even visited, 'to all...

Bounder: Shut up

Smoketoomuch: ...at number 22, weather wonderful...

Bounder: PLEASE, SHUT UP!

Smoketoomuch: ...our room is marked with an "X". Food very greasy but we found a charming...

Bounder: Take it off! TAKE IT OFF!

Smoketoomuch: ...little place hidden away in the back streets, where they serve Watney's Red Barrel and cheese and onion...

Bounder: For God's sake, take it off. TAKE IT OFF!!!

Smoketoomuch: ...crisps and the accordionist plays "Maybe its because I'm a Londoner"'...

Damn, I love Monty Python.